Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FCKeditor Plugin 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by rvagrrl View Post
    ps...I'd be happy to post the configure files, if that would be helpful.
    Try upgrading to version 2.6 over @ iChoze.

zen-cart-templates.ichoze.net

Plugin Contributions

Okay, tried the upgrade, but didn't change anything. =(

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to bump the thread, but my client doesn't have a working HTML editor, which isn't good! I'm happy to post any info that might be helpful in trying to help me figure this out.

Thanks so much!!

Plugin Contributions

I've been using 2.5, and except for the file uploading, it's great. (I'm still working out how to edit the config file to get myfiles in the right place; it gets created in the root of my site, not in my store directory.)

I just downloaded 2.6, ran a compare, and I have to say, this can't have been tested: admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_html_editor has no closing PHP bracket. That seems to have been the only edit to the file, besides taking ownership from Dr. Byte.

I'm sorry, I can't recommend that 2.6 download package.

I was looking forward to a more configurable config for dealing with file uploading and linking.

But it's been great to use 2.5!

edit: it looks like none of the Zen-Cart-specific PHP files have closing PHP brackets... is this a new style of writing executable PHP? Just leave off the closing ?>
    Last edited by dbrewster; 25 Jul 2008 at 04:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I use 2.5 and am equally satisfied as dbrewster. I have not played with the file upload feature, but I know the myfiles location is an issue.

I use JoomlaFCK 2.5 with Joomla and in that case the difference between Zen-Carts & the joomla versions are like night and day. Looks like you won't see any dramatic changes on this Zen-Cart Tool between 2.5 and 2.6. I read somewhere, probably the FCK website, that there is a core 2.6 version available for php, but integration into Zen-Cart is a different story.

JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

I'm still searching for a solution to the problem of my client not having a working HTML editor. Any help would be appreciated! I'm happy to give whatever info might be userful.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff4Toys View Post
    I use 2.5 and am equally satisfied as dbrewster. I have not played with the file upload feature, but I know the myfiles location is an issue.

I use JoomlaFCK 2.5 with Joomla and in that case the difference between Zen-Carts & the joomla versions are like night and day. Looks like you won't see any dramatic changes on this Zen-Cart Tool between 2.5 and 2.6. I read somewhere, probably the FCK website, that there is a core 2.6 version available for php, but integration into Zen-Cart is a different story.

JOhn ><>
    The FCK2.6 for Zen was released some month ago ... check our website.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbrewster View Post
    I've been using 2.5, and except for the file uploading, it's great. (I'm still working out how to edit the config file to get myfiles in the right place; it gets created in the root of my site, not in my store directory.)

I just downloaded 2.6, ran a compare, and I have to say, this can't have been tested: admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_html_editor has no closing PHP bracket. That seems to have been the only edit to the file, besides taking ownership from Dr. Byte.

I'm sorry, I can't recommend that 2.6 download package.

I was looking forward to a more configurable config for dealing with file uploading and linking.

But it's been great to use 2.5!

edit: it looks like none of the Zen-Cart-specific PHP files have closing PHP brackets... is this a new style of writing executable PHP? Just leave off the closing ?>
    Closing brackets for PHP are becoming a thing of the past, actually in all reality this ended almost 2 years ago.

There a numerous reasons why, the major one being the blank page error for forgetting to remove the "blank lines" from the end of the file(s).

Plugin Contributions

testuser, your PM box is full, so I can't reply. Let me know when I can!

Plugin Contributions

help question How do I get FCKeditor to work????

I can not use HTMLarea for product info, it just closes everything down, so I have up-loaded FCKeditor to the editor folder, but when I go to the shop admin configuration my store there is no option for FCKeditor only Plain Text or HTMLarea. Can anybody tell me what I have to do to install FCKeditor to show and work correctly.
    Surely it can't be that hard?
    Regards
    K

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast