Plugin Contributions

Default State/County dropdown issues

Hi,

I have an issue where I have selected that state should always be a dropdown. However below that dropdown, there is still a state box. How can I get it so there is only a dropdown?

My site is here

http://s225360940.websitehome.co.uk/

Thanks

Danny

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: State/County dropdown issues

Could you be more specific?

I went to your site's login page but couldn't see a drop down for state. If the normal text entry box that appears instead is what you are unhappy about, this could happen if no states have been defined for the current country.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about that,

I hae installed a few sql patches and I think I have gotten rid of all of the zones. Thinking about it do I definatley need the zones defined?

My issue was that I had a pull down and a text box there, not just a pulldown which is what I want.

I am going to offer free shipping on all items so do I need zones deined for any reason?

Thanks

Danny

Plugin Contributions

We need to be careful here not to confuse "zones" and "zone definitions". If you're offering free shipping on everything then your zone definitions (used for shipping and tax) get somewhat simplified, but you will still need zones as they are what populate your state (county) pull down menu.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I have my zone definition setup as 17.5% VAT, so that is fine.

The zones i.e counties/state, there is nothing in there at the moment, I keep trying to add the zones via an sql patch in my admin but they still will not show up. I dont know what is going on, i dont know if I have messed the site up?

Thanks

Danny

Plugin Contributions

every time i try and install an sql patch for zones in the admin page, it says that they are processed, however nothing shows up in my zones category?

Have I messed something up?

Plugin Contributions

Right, so I have installed the sql file to make it a UK store, so I have everything in there.

I am now back to my original problem, I have a dropdown box and input box or state/province.

However now I have "type a choice below" for the dropdown box
    http://s225360940.websitehome.co.uk/...ain_page=login

What can I do?

Thankyou.

Danny

Plugin Contributions

Your Zones are a bit messed up. The English counties all appear to be in there twice for example. And initially you get no counies offered, because you're defaulting to United Kingdom which has no zones attached. But those are peripheral issues.

I suspect that the reason that you are getting both dropdown menu and entry field is because Template Monster have messed up the javascript that ensures that only one is displayed at a time. I checked their demo of this template, but they had the dropdown facility turned off, maybe for this exact reason!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for taking a look,

do i need to have the dropdown box? I know how to take it off. Are the counties only used for tax purposes? Or are they used for other things?

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Oh I see, I select country first and then I select the county. Should I get rid o the UNited Kingdom In countries?