Plugin Contributions

Default IE displaying differently than Firefox

PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-34.0.1.EL

Installed with an iChoze Internet Solutions template.

http://www.surveysalesandhire.ie/ZenCart/

Hey,

I'm having a few slight problems, only got started on my zencart page recently, so i'm still teething.

If you look at my site in firefox, the banner and categories tab menu look fine but in IE its all over the shop, can't seem to see why.

Also is there a way to limit your categories tab menu to a certain amount of categories? rather than it listing every category i have and being 5 lines down.

Ps, i see the csshover.htc error in ie, i'm in the process of reading through that thread to try and sort it :)

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IE displaying differently than Firefox

It looks like your wrapper is a little small to fit in the content. That's easily changed in the stylesheet.css file in your CSS folder.

Aside from just increasing the width, a VERY VALUABLE TOOL is the 'Inspect Element' add-on for FF. With it, you can dynamically break apart page elements. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this site who will tell you it's an invaluable tool to solve cross-browser compatibility issues.

I'm in the process of changed my funny tees website www.gafy.com which was originally defined for an 800x600 resolution to around 1000px. Just changing the mainwrapper width (in the CSS file) solved everything AND gave me tons more real-estate!

Whatever the solution...do yourself a favor and make sure you have Inspect Element add-on! You'll love it!

Good luck!
    DMFelder | Visit GreatApparelForYou.com for Chicago Direct to Garment printing and Chicago Screen Printing and for Funny Tees and shirts go to gafy.com. We also have Eco-Friendly Printing services.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i've since widened the wrapper but its not fixed the problem.

From what i've gathered, the problem is being caused by the csshover.htc which keeps giving me access denied errors in Ie.

I've tried quite a few suggestions but i can't get rid of this error, can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Fixed the error but the nav bar is still messed up in IE, i've tried everything and i'm clueless.

Anyone any idea on what this could be?

Appreciate any help.

Phill

Plugin Contributions

I can't see the difference in the cat tabs or header.

The navSearch looks different between IE7 and FF3, but I think I like the IE version better - more compact.

I'm not seeing any hover error either. Are you using IE6?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I agree that it could be an issue with IE6. After spending a large amount of time ensuring everything looks good between IE and FF, this morning, I looked at gafy.com /newweb in IE6 and my nav and breadcrumb bar were messed up a little. (It's 3x the correct height.)

In any case, everyone is migrating to IE7 so the problem will fix itself, and it's not detrimental.

Bottom line, I agree with Stevesh that it might be a browser issue.
    DMFelder | Visit GreatApparelForYou.com for Chicago Direct to Garment printing and Chicago Screen Printing and for Funny Tees and shirts go to gafy.com. We also have Eco-Friendly Printing services.