Plugin Contributions

Default Problems Installing

Hello,
    On installing Zencart i have come across some errors:

* CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 7 => Failed to connect to www.zen-cart.com IP number 1: Permission denied more info...
    * CURL problems detected: 28 => connect() timed out! more info...
    * CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 7 => Connect failed; Operation now in progress more info...
    # admin configure.php is not writeable more info...
    # store configure.php is not writeable more info...

I know i am required to install something for security etc. but i am unsure how to go about this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Bobbie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems Installing

As the messages say:

a) you need to get CURL working -- you'll likely have to talk to your hosting company about that.
    You can do further specific tests by running /extras/curltest.php from your browser. You can add ?ssl=1 to the URL to test SSL mode as well.
    Or you can just use the zc_install program to test it again, using the same screen you just reported these messages from.

b) your 2 configure.php files are not "writable". The "more info" link points to further instructions. You can also reference these FAQs for further info:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=9
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=148
    Or ask your server administrator for assistance.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help so far! :)
    I am currently using freehostia.com, so i am only on a free host. So there maybe a problem with contacting them about it, i'm not too sure.
    But thanks for the great help so far, will look in to it. :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Don't count on full functionality of Zen Cart when running on free hosting services. Their security limitations are often extremely tight and their servers are seldom tuned to handle the performance needs of an ecommerce site. Plus, their support responsiveness/helpfulness often leaves much to be desired.
    Certainly don't ever plan to run a business on a free-hosting service.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the advice, and yes you are right.

Its not really a business its just a way to make a bit of money for the country. We can't really buy hosting at the moment, as we need the money and to get the money will need it from the online shop.

Do you think it will work with a free hosting account?

oh and i have also solve the CHMOD problems so we now just have the 3 errors with the Curl.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you won't be using PayPal or USPS or any addon module that requires CURL, then you can ignore the CURL errors and continue with installation.

Plugin Contributions

What are the alternatives to using Paypal?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

ok thats great info. Thanks! :)

I am still trying to find out about the Curl atm.