Plugin Contributions

Default Can affiliate URL replace product URLs?

I have this unique problem where I'm using JAM to sell my affiliates product on my site.

This means, instead of my affiliate using their link to sell my product on their page... they sign up, send me their digital file, I'd sell it on my website for them, and in order to "connect" their product to them I'd use their affiliate link.

Now my question is, because of the way that Zen Carts PHP files request themselves, would there be more than ONE (1) product url I would have to recode with the affiliate link?

---

I know that products can be clicked from a variety of place such as the product itself, from the site map, but if there is only one URL I'd have to recode then I could assure my affiliate that when their product is sold, it is shown in their member panel.

What do you think?

Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can affiliate URL replace product URLs?

I think I'm only catching half of what you're trying to do.
    What's the flow supposed to be?
    Who makes the "sale"?
    And "when" do you link back to whoever the supplier is?
    etc?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I would be the one selling the product.

I would be the one hosting it as well.

I would be the one making the physical transaction too.

I would be making 100% of the revenue.

My "affiliate" would do nothing. They just send me the original copy of their product. I do the rest of the work, and when a sale is complete.... I send them x% of the cash.

ps. Not being rude, just wanted to make sure I was clear lol.

thanks, Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, if all the business is happening on your site, why is it you need a special URL?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Because its the only way that I can prove to my partner that a sale happened.

If I don't have a special URL or some type of program that will track the purchases I could simply sell the product and never give them any cash for it.

Long story short, I want to populate my site with book from other people but I dont have the money to pay up front. And there is no way for my writers to feel comfortable that I'm not "scamming" them.

I need them to have a way to know 100% that when their product gets sold, I'm going to pay them. Trusting my word might not be enough.

Chris