Plugin Contributions

Default How to not display "call to price"image in homepage?

Because All of products on my site need calling to price, how to not display "call to price" image in homepage?
    Too many "call to price" will make visitors crazy.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to not display "call to price"image in homepage?

What do you want to do instead? To not display anything? If so, you could just replace the call for price image with a 1px transparent gif.

Or if you only want to suppress it from those boxes on the front page (though they appear in three other places too) you would need to make some changes to the PHP in the modules files that generate their content.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    What do you want to do instead? To not display anything? If so, you could just replace the call for price image with a 1px transparent gif.

Or if you only want to suppress it from those boxes on the front page (though they appear in three other places too) you would need to make some changes to the PHP in the modules files that generate their content.
    Thanks. It seems that replacing the image is a better method. If I want to changes the PHP code, which file should I edit?

Plugin Contributions

or use css to hide the image if possible. If you need more help, post a link to the site.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Suppressing the image with CSS is tricky but can be done. It's tricky because there is not normally a class or ID attached to the price (which this image is replacing). As a result you have to suppress all local images. However this would include the product image (oops) so you would need further more specific styling, which is possible, to unsuppress that. Nevertheless, this would indeed be the easiest and less intrusive solution if you only want to suppress the image in these "front-page" listings, but have it still show in the main listings.

Otherwise if you want to suppress it all the time. You can replace the image with a transparent gig by over-riding your includes/langauges/YOUR_LANGUAGE/other_images_names.php file and changing this line
    define('OTHER_IMAGE_CALL_FOR_PRICE', 'call_for_prices.jpg');
    to this
    define('OTHER_IMAGE_CALL_FOR_PRICE', 'pixel_trans.gif.jpg');
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

How could we get it to replace the price altogether? There is a gap between the product image and the "call for price" image. The gap is the price. When you make the price blank, it just becomes a space and it messes up the layout. This doesn't seem to be solvable with CSS unless I can go into the php and add a div tag. The thing is I've been searching all the files but can't find anywhere to do so.