Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Setting Default Prices for Attributes

OK - I know how to set up attributes and stuff, and how to set prices on them. My client offers vinyl decals for sale in about 20-30 different sizes, and the price goes by size - not the item itself. So, decal A and decal B at 5" is the same price.

Is there a way to copy all attributes (including attribute pricing) to each and every item, without having to go in there and manually enter them one at a time? I was looking around and found this: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7451 but wasn't sure if it works with pricing too. If anyone has any other ideas too, please feel free to respond.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting Default Prices for Attributes

Looks like copying the product works just fine. If anyone has other suggestions feel free to post them up, but I think its resolved now.

Plugin Contributions

Did you go to the Attributes Controller and use the Copy to Category? This will copy all attributes from 1 Product to all the Products in a given Category ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Did you go to the Attributes Controller and use the Copy to Category? This will copy all attributes from 1 Product to all the Products in a given Category ...
    ok, I understand this part, I think, so far. What I cannot find to change is my base price. What I mean, is that I sell my photographic art. I have a base price of 25.00 for an 8 x 10. Anything other than this, you have to choose from a drop down. i.e. i want an 11 x 14 instead. So I choose this from the drop down. When added to the shopping cart, the price showing is the base price PLUS the difference I've designated (in this case + 20.00) so it shows the 11 x 14 price as 45.00. I've figured (again, I think! ) how to change the added prices and to transfer this to all my 300 plus listings, BUT, I cannot find how to change the BASE price. I can't even find where it is. Please help I've set this up so long ago, and now I'm in the process of doing price changes. In this case, making 24.95 to 25.00, getting rid of the
    "95".!

Plugin Contributions

The Product Price is on the Product itself when you go to Catalog ... Categories/Products and add/edit your Product ...

Are you trying to globally set every single Product to have a products_price of 25.00?

To be sure, peek at your database via phpMyAdmin and look at the products table and the current products_price ...

If so, this can be done with a single command ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

The Product Price is on the Product itself when you go to Catalog ... Categories/Products and add/edit your Product ...

Are you trying to globally set every single Product to have a products_price of 25.00?
    HUH? What do you mean by "global"? All I know is that I have like a "hidden" base price in the drop down. (www.juliartz.com/shopping). Meaning that is the lowest/default price for the 8 x 10 or 5 x 12 panoramic. If you want anything else, you choose the choices from the drop down. I'm trying to eliminate the "95" bull dinky in the price, and make it whole dollars. But in order to do that, I need to change the base price from 24.95 to 25.00
    To be sure, peek at your database via phpMyAdmin and look at the products table and the current products_price ...

If so, this can be done with a single command ...
    I'd have to have my friend look there for me, as 1) I don't know how to find that area, and even if I did, I would be totally afraid to touch anything there. I have no clue when it comes to that stuff, and I would make my site explode!

Plugin Contributions

Go to your Admin ...

Go to the Catalog ... Categories/Products ...

Pick a Category ...

Pick a Product ...

Click on the E for Edit ...

Do you see a
    Product Price: 24.95

That is where the 24.95 is coming from, on the Product itself and not with the Attributes ...
    Linda McGrath

Go to your Admin ...

Go to the Catalog ... Categories/Products ...

Pick a Category ...

Pick a Product ...

Click on the E for Edit ...

Do you see a
    Product Price: 24.95

That is where the 24.95 is coming from, on the Product itself and not with the Attributes ...
    Ok, I think its sinking (and sinking, sinking, sinking...) in , but please.. can you tell me if there is an easy way to change them ALL in one fell swoop?? I so dread the mere thought that I would have to edit more then 300 lisings...
    BTW, thank you for your patience. I am truly stupid when it comes to this stuff.
    ~julz~

Plugin Contributions

If these are all set in the Catalog ... Categories/Products ... with the Product Price as 24.95 then they can be updated in one command to 25.00 ...

Backup your database first ...

Then you can run this command in the Tools ... Insert SQL Patches ...

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_price = 25.00;
    This will change ALL products_price in the products table to be 25.00 ...

Next, go to the Tools ... Store Manager ... and run the:
    Update ALL Products Price Sorter
    to be able to sort by displayed prices:
    And that will update all of the products_price_sorter fields with the correct value for sorting purposes by price ...
    Linda McGrath

If these are all set in the Catalog ... Categories/Products ... with the Product Price as 24.95 then they can be updated in one command to 25.00 ...

Backup your database first ...

Then you can run this command in the Tools ... Insert SQL Patches ...

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_price = 25.00;
    This will change ALL products_price in the products table to be 25.00 ...

Next, go to the Tools ... Store Manager ... and run the:

And that will update all of the products_price_sorter fields with the correct value for sorting purposes by price ...

Okay, another total dumb noob question.... how do you back up your data base? A friend is hosting my site, so I am not sure if I've ever been in "that" area.... and an SQL patch... hmmmm, I'm definately looking dumber and dumber... Guess I will have to wait til my friend comes back online, and forward your instructions. I am sure that she would have no problems understanding....
    Again. thanks sooooo much for you patience in helping me. I really do appreciate this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast