Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Changing image size

Being that my site (tubebackgrounds.co.uk) is more trying to showcase art, I want to make my images a lot bigger, see image

If I could find the correct file to edit, I would be able to do this, can you maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing image size

Admin configuration> images
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Play with it long enough and you will break it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by usernamenone View Post
    Admin configuration> images
    I've tried editing some of the dimensions but to no anvil, do you know which ones to edit as I have a lot of objects in that config.

Plugin Contributions

If you would explain which images you are trying to change.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Play with it long enough and you will break it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by usernamenone View Post
    If you would explain which images you are trying to change.
    Oh sorry I thought the picture would show.

Basically, when you look through the channel backgrounds
    http://tubebackgrounds.co.uk/index.p...=index&cPath=3

I wish them to be the same design as in the picture.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I don't need to know how to do it, just where to start. I've tried searching for hours but I've been unable to find anything. If anyone knows where the image css is, please give me a shout!

Plugin Contributions

Tweezy
    The setting are in images

Image - Product Listing Width
    Image - Product Listing Height

That will control the size of the images in the product listing.

However you may well have to do more work on the layout after that to adjust the way the layout looks.

Plugin Contributions

You may also want to consider using column grid layout ( free software add-ons ) which works fine both in Zen 1.3.9 and Zen 1.5 but will need some tweaking in 1.5. Or you could look at my mod SNAF if you are using 1.5.

What that will let you do is set the display to columns. Normally this is used to create a grid layout of products but in this case you would set it to 1 column per row. Sounds a bit strange but what it will do is get rid of the table structure you have at the moment and put the other information below the product image.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweezy View Post
    I don't need to know how to do it, just where to start. I've tried searching for hours but I've been unable to find anything. If anyone knows where the image css is, please give me a shout!
    You don't need to edit image CSS. You need to edit your template's CSS file to make the center column wider on your product info pages. Right now...it's too narrow to accommodate the size image you want to have displayed.

I can't tell you what that file is or where to find it because I don't know if you're using a custom template, if you have set up custom template folders, or what you've named your custom files.

Suggest you download and install the Firefox browser and the Firebug addon for the browser.

Then use this tool to help you figure out what part of your template's CSS needs to be edited to display the larger images.

But you also need to understand that you need to start with the size image you want displayed...meaning you must upload that size image....neither your ZC image settings, nor your IH3 image settings will enlarge smaller images. These settings only make images smaller (which is why you always upload your largest image and let IH size them down where appropriate - read the readme file that came with your IH3 download package).

Good luck and happy Zenning
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ScriptJunkie View Post
    You don't need to edit image CSS. You need to edit your template's CSS file to make the center column wider on your product info pages. Right now...it's too narrow to accommodate the size image you want to have displayed.

I can't tell you what that file is or where to find it because I don't know if you're using a custom template, if you have set up custom template folders, or what you've named your custom files.

Suggest you download and install the Firefox browser and the Firebug addon for the browser.

Then use this tool to help you figure out what part of your template's CSS needs to be edited to display the larger images.

But you also need to understand that you need to start with the size image you want displayed...meaning you must upload that size image....neither your ZC image settings, nor your IH3 image settings will enlarge smaller images. These settings only make images smaller (which is why you always upload your largest image and let IH size them down where appropriate - read the readme file that came with your IH3 download package).

Good luck and happy Zenning
    Thank you for the message! I originally thought I had to edit the width of the page, which I had actually done, but then reverted it back thinking that I would have to edit the IH settings, which I'm glad I don't!

Firebug, is that anything like the "Inspect Element" option firefox already has?

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast