Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Copy protect copyrighted images

Is there a way to copy protect copyrighted images? I would like to have when they are right clicked they get a message such as "Sorry, our images are copyrighted."

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy protect copyrighted images

You can watermark your images manually or install ImageHandler2 and let it do the job. There is no way to do it the way you want, because that's the way how the internet works (the browser has to download the images to display them)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Watermarking them or using ImageHandler2 is your best bet. The right-Click protections are so easy to bypass it's silly to use them, they barely stop half interested children, must less anyone who is serious about getting images. I have yet to find one I couldn't bypass somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by LinDAvid View Post
    Is there a way to copy protect copyrighted images? I would like to have when they are right clicked they get a message such as "Sorry, our images are copyrighted."
    Personalized candy favors and gifts: http://www.westcoastfavors.com

The Sea Crew: http://www.theseacrew.com/shop/

Plugin Contributions

I know what you mean David. I used a similar feature on a previous site (not Zen Cart). If I remember correctly, it just requires a few lines of JavaScript. Some goes in the header and some goes in the body. I'm not sure if it can be used with Zen Cart but I would be interested in this if someone can show exactly how it would be done. I have several images on my site that I photographed myself and spent a lot of time working on. It would be good to prevent any competitors from grabbing them!

Plugin Contributions

Please read the 2 previous posts. As we already stated, javascript protection is for kids, anyone can bypass that easily.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I didn't see post #3 until after I posted so I didn't know of any bypass issues when I was posting. If that's the case, then perhaps watermarking is best.

Plugin Contributions

To be clear too, watermarking won't stop anyone from taking the images. It will make it much less likely they will use them elsewhere since your mark is on them.

I like the ImageHandler 2 solution since (as far as I know) it's not possible to find the original unmarked image source since it uses it's own cache system, and doesn't require my team to do any extra work preparing images.

Your results may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by LinDAvid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven300 View Post
    I didn't see post #3 until after I posted so I didn't know of any bypass issues when I was posting. If that's the case, then perhaps watermarking is best.
    Personalized candy favors and gifts: http://www.westcoastfavors.com

The Sea Crew: http://www.theseacrew.com/shop/

Plugin Contributions

If you want to see IH2 in action, it's in use on both sites in my sig.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

My niece and her partner at Frilly Nilly Boutique make hair bows, nap blankets, and other original items for infants and toddlers. Their concern is protection of their designs, not just preventing copying of the photo. Watermarks don't help them at all. Enabling right click protection might help them.

Any suggestions on a way to proceed?

Thanks,
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

we use digimarc on the photos we take, this embeds a digital watermark into the photo and lets you track when it gets stolen, its really hard to destroy the watermark as well.

easy to use as well, since its just a button on the filters toolbar in photoshop, i don't know if it works for other programs but i imagine it could...
    Craig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast