Plugin Contributions

Default Product Options and Max Qty (for downloadables)

Hi, I have a dilemma.

I am selling downloadable sheet music. For each piece of music (a product), there are usually two options: 1) score on the Hao Staff and 2) score on the Grand Staff.

Because it is a downloadable product, I have set the Max quantity "1" in Admin, to avoid the possibility that the customer may inadvertently added the same downloadable product more than once (but download only one file!).

That is all fine.

But recently I have received a complaint from a customer that she wanted to purchase both the Hao Staff and the Grand Staff sheet music (for the same piece) at once, and the cart would not accept it.

I am looking for some solution like this:

1) Make the max qty control the "option value" level, rather than the product leve. I realise this may be a major surgery.

2) I can relax the max qty to "2". But in this case, if a customer adds the same option for the same product twice, can we generate a warning message so that he can be alerted?

I sense this is a tough one. But I may not be the only one having such a problem. Grateful for looking into this.

Jeff

http://store.haostaff.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Options and Max Qty (for downloadables)

Hi, I am still waiting for a clue for somehow solving this problem. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Do radio buttons instead of a drop down maybe? I'm not very familiar with downloaded content, but maybe if you put one radio button for "A" one for "B" and one for "A+B". The quantity added will still be one, but they'll have paid for 2 products.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Ross.

If the ZenCart does not add prices of multiple option values together, then that is what I am going to try, i.e., bundling options outside the ZenCart, e.g. in WinRAR zipped files, and price each bundled zip file differently using "Attribute pricing".

Pulldown or radio button are the same. They only allow one option to be selected.

I have tried check boxes, which allows selection of multiple option values. But the prices don't add up when the multiple option values are added to the cart. It seems that only the price of the cheapest option is added to the shopping cart.

If there is a way to make the checkboxes add up the prices for the shopping cart, it would save me the massive effort in creating combinations of different products as separate option values.

Any comment from the ZC support team? Thanks.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Just an idea, but have you tried setting the price based upon attributes. I know that you can make the base price $0.00, add $14.95 for option 1, $12.32 for option 2, and so on. This way, the more options that the customer selects, the more the price increases (and can be set differently to allow for multiple combinations/cheaper bundles, etc).

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, MG.

I have not thought about that. But the problem of that is that all product will show $0.00 in all the listings (All, New, Categories, etc.).

I am kind of happy about what I have now: http://haostaff.com/store/index.php?...&products_id=7 . A bit more work, which is not intolerable.

Cheers,
    Jeff