Plugin Contributions

Default Referral of Affiliate Setup Codes?

Hi folks,

I have a few independent sales reps in the field selling my products. From time to time they receive small order from customers that I would rather have placed via the web site using a credit card instead of me invoicing them.

Is there a way for me to have those customers enter in a special code that tells me it is an order generated from my sales rep so that I can make sure he/she gets credit for the sale?

Also, I would like to start some sort of Referral / Affiliate network and was wondering if there is a way to do this with the Zen shopping cart using a similar id code or do I need special software?

This information would be entered similar to Coupon Codes etc.
    Thank you, Sincerely, MagicMan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Referral of Affiliate Setup Codes?

Plugin Contributions

I do not wish to purchase any software yet. I only need to track 2 sales reps in the field. This would be for small orders that they promote via the web site.

Most of the accounts they close do not order via the web site and require me to invoice them with terms.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    I do not wish to purchase any software yet. .
    Did you bother to visit JRox and see it is possible to download
    FREE version?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry,

Yes after looking into it a bit more I did notice that they have the free version up to 50 affiliates. This program looks real COOL!

However, it is not quite what I was looking for.

This will not be linked to any other web site. This is for my Independent Sales Reps in other parts of the country to sell lees than case orders to individuals via the web site.

I would like for the customer to enter the Sales Reps name or code or Who refferred them to the site etc. I would manually track this and record the sale for a commission.

Is there a way to put a field during the checkout process that says who referred you to our site without setting up a coupon code or generating a GV?

Plugin Contributions

Yes you can add fields to the db and the checkout process, takes some time and a few file modifications. You will also want a report.

If you have a sales rep, can't they tell you which accounts they set-up? You could put them in a shopper group and not have to customize the checkout, you could just create a custom report to see what the sales were.
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Ghandi

Plugin Contributions

I am looking for something similar as well. I would like to offer customers the option to do "online" parties. I would like to be able to have any of those "guests" enter a code letting me know they are from a particular "party" so my online hostess gets credit for their order. I believe it is along the same line as what your asking.
    Is there an easy way to maybe tweak the coupon code to do this? Would it be possible to set the coupon up with no value? I suppose we could maybe make it a small amount...It might be worth it to be able to track the orders.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Plugin Contributions

you can add a 'were you referred' field on the registration form where the customer can enter the code your rep provided. This code then gets assigned to the customer. To activate the field on the form log in to your admin, under configuration select 'customer details' from the dropdown. All the way on the bottom, the last selection option, is 'customers referral status'. Click on the edit button and select option 2 (Customer can add during create account or edit if blank). Now the customer can add the rep's code when they create their account. To tie in that customer with this code (after their first order) go to 'customers' - select 'customers' from the dropdown. On the next screen you see a list of all your customers. Select a customer > edit > scroll down to the bottom and you see 'options'. the last field is 'customer referral' which contains the rep's code entered during account creation. If the customer did not enter the rep during the account creation you can enter the code manually here.

Which brings me to a question - how do you make the referral code field required?

Plugin Contributions

Cool...I totally missed that one!

Thanks!