Plugin Contributions

customer issue Gift Certificate OK Queue, Doesn't send to Gift SENT

Ok...I have the GIFT certificates set up...It was working at one time, but is no longer working properly.

I have it set up so someone can pick the dollar amount, then using the attributes, can input an email address and message to the receiver.

Then they purchase the gift certificate.

I then get a notice that there is a gift certificate in queue. Verify it's all paid for, then click on it to accept the gift certificate and confirm it. It then disappears from the queue.

NOW...it's supposed to at this point do 2 things:
    1. now show up in the Gift Certificates SENT page
    2. Send an email to the recipient telling them they are the receiver of a gift certificate (this is NOT necessarily the person who bought it, but the person who they indicate it should be sent to)

This is no longer happening......

1. After I approve the gift certificate, it disappears from the queue page, and disappears ALL TOGETHER from any of the menus.
    2. it does not generate a code at all.

Instead, what is happening is the original purchaser is getting a notice the next time they log in that they have a gift certificate available to SEND to someone. IF they then in turn SEND it, it will FINALLY then show up in the GIFT CERTIFICATES SENT page...but until they do that, the gift certificate is in la-la land. So basically, there is no point in my having the attributes....as they have to manually send it afterwards anyway...and the other problem is, until they DO manually send it, I have NO RECORD of the gift certificate, no codes to refer to, nothing. I only have the original order showing a certificate was purchased.

I know that when i first set it up it was working fine. I haven't added ANY modules to it since then, that was the last one I have added to my system.

I am running on Zen 1.3.7.1

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate OK Queue, Doesn't send to Gift SENT

Exactly the same thing on Version 1.3.8a.

After confirming the Gift Certificate to the customes, it does not show up in the Sent file. It can only be seen when the customer forwards it to the receipient. There's no way to track or even know if the original purchaser knows what's going on without calling them.

Plugin Contributions

A purchased Gift Certificate still in the possession of the original purchaser hasn't been sent anywhere and so is not supposed to be in the "Sent" area. That is for tracking Gift Certificated that have been forwarded to another.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    A purchased Gift Certificate still in the possession of the original purchaser hasn't been sent anywhere and so is not supposed to be in the "Sent" area. That is for tracking Gift Certificated that have been forwarded to another.
    Here's what I have,
    2 Stores:: After I have released the Gift Certificate.

One when the Gift Certificate is released, it says "Not Redeemed".

The second store never show anything when the Gift Certificate is released.

Both stores are 1.3.8a - both are on the same hosting company.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by elkbow View Post
    Here's what I have,
    2 Stores:: After I have released the Gift Certificate.

One when the Gift Certificate is released, it says "Not Redeemed".

The second store never show anything when the Gift Certificate is released.

Both stores are 1.3.8a - both are on the same hosting company.
    Here's the concern I have:
    I believe it's working properly, but--
    What if I release the Gift Certificate and I can no longer see it in the Queue. Since it does not show up in the Sent file, the customer states they never received the Gift Certificate. Therefore if I go to "Mail Gift Certificate" and issue one that appeared to be lost, The customer finds they have two and quickly uses them. Possible concern??

Thanks