Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Login 'There was a security error when trying to login'

Hi,
    I've tried searching forum but can't find my answer, could anyone advise:

Customer can register fine, but when they return and try to login to an exisiting account they get the message:

There was a security error when trying to login.

They can request a new password and its sent, but when they try to loggin with a new password they get the same message.

My Config info is:

Session Directory /var/www/html/shop/cache
    Cookie Domain True
    Force Cookie Use False
    Check SSL Session ID False
    Check User Agent False
    Check IP Address False
    Prevent Spider Sessions True
    Recreate Session False
    IP to Host Conversion Status false

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Login 'There was a security error when trying to login'

I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,
    I have same issue but i still do not understand what i have to do with those files, can anyone explain me please?

Plugin Contributions

Okay... I've double checked my files, I've even downloaded the latest, greatest copy of v1.3.8a, which is what I have installed and overwritten the tpl_time_out_default.php and the tpl_login_default.php. I've tried switching out the templates to no avail. This site is expected to go live last week, but I've been fiddling with this problem. Does anyone have any idea how to solve it?

Tina

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by silkenstrand View Post
    Okay... I've double checked my files, I've even downloaded the latest, greatest copy of v1.3.8a, which is what I have installed and overwritten the tpl_time_out_default.php and the tpl_login_default.php. I've tried switching out the templates to no avail. This site is expected to go live last week, but I've been fiddling with this problem. Does anyone have any idea how to solve it?
    What addons do you have installed?
    Which template are you using? Are either of those template files you mentioned customized in the template you're using?
    What is your URL?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

http://hangupyourpride.com/index.php

(make sure to use the index.php, because if you don't you'll go to the under construction area)

I'm using a customized template, though I did test it with the classic template as well.

I've added the Purchase Orders module
    I've added the TyPackageTracker
    I've added the Group Pricing Module (which I can't get to work)

I have, however, replaced the tpl_time_out_default.php and the tpl_login_default.php with virgin copies.

Thanks for your help.

I just realized that my first post may have been misleading. I originally installed the latest version. I am not doing an upgrade.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

From the header inside your /includes/functions/sessions.php file on your server, what is the version number and date stamp?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

/**

* functions/sessions.php

* Session functions

* @package functions

* @copyright Copyright 2003-2005 Zen Cart Development Team

* @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce

* @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0

* @version $Id: sessions.php 6525 2007-06-25 21:49:57Z drbyte $

*/

Plugin Contributions

That was the solution. I replaced that with a brand new copy (backing up the old file first) and voila... my site is now working at top speed. Thank you very much Dr. Byte for all your help!

Tina
    Last edited by silkenstrand; 10 Mar 2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: grammar error

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast