Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Credit Cart Offline Processing - blank card number

Hi. I launched this store February 1st and have had about 110 orders come through. We are using the Credit Card Offline Processing module. Everything has been working as expected until we received and order without any CC information. The "EXTRA CC ORDER info" email was sent, but where the middle digits should have been was nothing. The order says "Payment Method: Credit Card" but is missing the type, owner, number, cvv number, and expires section. Everything else on the order looks fine. We called the customer and she said she entered all that information when she placed the order (can't imagine how you couldn't).

Since it's such a hard to reproduce bug, I really don't even know where to start looking. Any idea what this could be?

Here's the version info:
    Zen Cart 1.3.8a

Database Patch Level: 1.3.8

v1.3.8 [2007-12-28 15:18:32] (Version Update 1.3.7->1.3.8)
    v1.3.7.1 [2007-11-15 15:13:40] (Fresh Installation)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Cart Offline Processing - blank card number

Possibly this will help someone else.

It seems that this was a windows problem. I still haven't determined exactly what the problem was, but it seems to be messing up the sessions somehow. The admin section also seemed to lose *some* of it's session data and then regain it as I clicked around. I was also noticing some issues with my editor saying it was unable to write to the drive from time to time. On occasion I would have to restart the "Server" service to get window file sharing working again.

This is a windows 2000 server running IIS 5.

After my first post, the next day I received about 30% blank CC orders. That night I rebooted the server and all was well. I am retiring this server this week, so hopefully that's the last time I have to deal with this issue.

Plugin Contributions

This post is a little old, but I am experiencing this same issue. Most of the orders that come in are fine, but some of the them do not have any payment information. Also, the email with the middle 8 digit number is not received. We get a lot of orders (40-50 a day). Has anyone seen this? Here is out setup:

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.8
    Database: MySQL 5.0.32-Debian_7etch8-log
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian)

Plugin Contributions

Recheck the setting on the Modules ... Payment ... Credit Card - Offline Processing ...

Edit it and recheck for typos on the email address where you are sending the card information ...

If you are still having trouble ... compare the file, on the server:
    /includes/modules/payment/cc.php

with a clean copy and make sure it has not been monkeyed with ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh. I checked the admin settings and it looks good. I also compared the original file with the one on the server and they are identical. What else could be going on? It only happens to a small percentage of the orders so it is not like something is always broken.

Plugin Contributions

What payment modules do you have installed ...

Have you ever been able to make an order and not get the middle digits sent to you?

It is rather odd that it only happens on some orders and not all orders ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

We only have one module installed, Credit Card offline processing. Some orders we don't get the middle 8 digits and the credit card information is not stored. Most orders we get both.

Plugin Contributions

Are any Payment modules installed and set to disabled? If so, REMOVE them so they are not half installed ...

Try to do a REMOVE, then INSTALL on the Credit Card offline processing cc payment module and reconfigure it just to see if that does anything to help cure this odd issue ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

There are no other payment modules installed. I removed the credit card - offline processing module and re-installed it to see what will happen. I will wait and see.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your middle-digit emails are not being received, then perhaps they are being stopped up because of mailserver filters, maybe even spam filters. That could be happening after Zen Cart sends the email, but before it gets delivered to you.

Possible workarounds:
    a) Check with your hosting company first to see whether it's being dumped because it looks like spam. If so, try changing the text of the middle-digit email so that it's not flagged that way when processed by the mailserver.
    b) Switch to using a live internet-enabled payment gateway tied to your merchant account, so that the cards are processed in real-time. That way you don't have to worry about emails getting lost, and you don't have the security risks you have today.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast