help question ? Limit the Region Tables shipping to Specific product line only

Hello there. I've spent a week setting up shipping for a potential online store. We have some usual products that are fine utilizing UPS quote module and/or Table Rate for USPS first class mail packages.

But, we also have a unique line of product (billboard style cabinets) that exceed the weight limitations of carriers (the largest being 475lbs). It's a drop ship type dealer situation, where the shop that actually produces the product sends it out. They provided a table of UPS zone rates based on their location, etc. Region Tables module worked Perfectly!

On to my question:

It's a bit confusing, when testing the checkout, to have those rates in the Region Tables module showing for magazines, shirts, hats, and other small items we would be shipping. Based on several other forum posts, there are some people who seem to know how to possibly limit a shipping method to a specific category, given the master category ID matches, etc.

I must have missed the actual instruction on how to accomplish this, also with regard to the combination of shipping modules I am using. Would anyone be able to instruct me as to how to accomplish this, where the shipping method (region tables) we are using exclusively for the cabinet line can be hidden or not provided as an option when products from the "cabinet line" category are not present in the shopping cart?

Thanks for taking time to read this thread. As many people here, I'm on a time crunch and am trying to fulfill requirements set by my employer.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: ? Limit the Region Tables shipping to Specific product line only

Well, I was instructed by another user via private message to not send questions to them but rather post them to the forum so everyone can see. A lot of good that seems to do.....

Especially knowing that the individual who instructed me to post a thread instead of PM them with the question probably knows the answer to the question.

Makes someone want to give up on Zen Cart.... unfortunately, as good a product as it seems.

Plugin Contributions

Who did you send msg to?
    But anyway, the reason: if your questions is answered thru PM, someone else who has the same question will have to ask again, and thus it wastes lots of developers time, while they should concentrate their time on working on new features instead.

Also, this specific module in written by user(s), supported by user(s). Why do you blame ZC for this?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Not really blaming ZC, but if the solution with modules can't be customized to our needs, we may as well look for something that offers what we need out of the box (which is not likely) or where questions can be answered in regard to modifications to contributions, etc..

I'm not up for a debate. I'm really just looking for an answer to my question. It's just a little disheartening and discouraging that I can't find the answer and no one can give an answer, after taking the time to post as I was instructed to do.

Plugin Contributions

There is a thread/topic DEDICATED to that specific module, posting your question there will get the ATTENTION of the mod creator. Otherwise, you will have to wait for someone with knowledge regarding that that specific module to stumble upon this topic and answer your question.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me