Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Point Mod beta now available

Fields

rewards_products_id: General unique record identifier.

scope: Can be '0' for Global (all products), '1' for 'Category' or '2' for 'Product'.

scope_id: If scope is set to Category or Product then this contains the categories_id or products_id of the record it relates to. It is set to 0 for Global.

point_ratio: The ratio of reward points to base price. If you had a product costing €15 and the ratio was set to 1 then you will recieve 15 reward points. If the ratio is set to 2 then you would get 30 reward points. If it was 0.5 then you would get 8 reward points (7.5 rounded up). The calculation is: reward_points=products_price * reward_point_ratio.

bonus_points: For future development.

Indexes:

PRIMARY KEY ( `rewards_products_id` ) : The primary index.

UNIQUE `unique_id` ( `scope` , `scope_id` ): Only one record of a specific scope/scope_id is allowed to exist.

The system works on a fallback basis. If a product has a corresponding reward point record (that is the scope is '2' and the scope_id==product_id) then that records ratio is used. Otherwise if the category has a corresponding record (scope='1' and scope_id=category_id) then that ratio gets used. Otherwise the Global (default) ratio is used.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    hem, Im working my way thru yours and numinix's code, make progress bit by bit, for instances:
    1. I think it's better to name the mod "store credit", since owners can just assign customers additional store credit for refund-etc.... (which is also a nice feature later, refund go to store credit instead of cash/cc/....)
    This is why I think my mod and Numinix's are different. I'm writing a Reward Point mod and Numinix is writing a Store Credit mod. True there is some overlap but I think at the end of the day there is enough differences to make them two separate entities.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

At the end of the day, we want to use a single table to store the credit, which can be applied using a single field. That's why I think it's appropriate to merge the 2
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Also, a product can belong to multiple categories, which cat will be used to calculate ratio? Master cat?
    I have it set to work in the customers favour a select the ratio which returns the best ratio at the moment. This may be subject to change.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

At the end of the day, we want to use a single table to store the credit, which can be applied using a single field. That's why I think it's appropriate to merge the 2
    That's fine. The way I see it:

Me: Reward Point Mod.
    Numinix: Store Credit Mod.
    You: The Hybrid Mod

Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Update:

New version now available:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=911
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Anxious to implement a Rewards-type program, I've been watching the progression of these three modules. However, none of them are exactly what I was thinking of. In short, I'd like to offer an annual paid club membership that gives a 10% discount on everything they buy. Is there already a module in existence that would do this for me?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MeltDown View Post
    Anxious to implement a Rewards-type program, I've been watching the progression of these three modules. However, none of them are exactly what I was thinking of. In short, I'd like to offer an annual paid club membership that gives a 10% discount on everything they buy. Is there already a module in existence that would do this for me?

Thanks!
    Have u checked the group discounts mod which is part of Zen Cart out of the box? You could create a certain group and set it up for 10% discount, then move any members you want into that group. Whenever they buy anything, anyone in that group would get 10% off automatically. Only draw back I can see is, there is no way (I know of) to set certain items off limits to the discount, such as items that are already on sale.

OsC has a mod that does what your looking for and more (Separate Pricing Per Customer), too bad it couldn't get ported over to zen cart.
    Zen Cart: 1.3.8a
    PHP: 5.2.4
    MySQL: 5.0.45

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pinetreecandles View Post
    Have u checked the group discounts mod which is part of Zen Cart out of the box? You could create a certain group and set it up for 10% discount, then move any members you want into that group. Whenever they buy anything, anyone in that group would get 10% off automatically. Only draw back I can see is, there is no way (I know of) to set certain items off limits to the discount, such as items that are already on sale.

OsC has a mod that does what your looking for and more (Separate Pricing Per Customer), too bad it couldn't get ported over to zen cart.
    I don't want to take over this thread but what do you mean by the group discounts mod? I've used the quantity discounts that is native to Zen but that is a by-the-item module. Can you point me in the right direction to find out more about group discounts? It sounds like it might be just the ticket. Especially since I just found a slick little mod called Shopping Cart Original Price that shows the original item price on the shopping cart page for items that have been discounted. With that the club member can watch as the discounts pile up. The more you spend, the more you save!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - My bad! I've just located the Group Discounts in admin/modules/order total. I'll install it and give it a whirl. (Although I don't quite see how to implement it once installed...Hmmm - Anyway, I'll give it a try)

Thanks for the tip!

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast