Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Point Mod beta now available

Andrew,
    Thanks for the mod I downloaded, but haven't installed yet. I was looking at the screenshots you included and on the pic of the checkout It looks like some of the reward points were redeemed AND they also earned points for that purchase.

Say someone buys an item that is 10.00 and they have 10.00 in reward points. They could use those points to pay the total AND earn reward points for that purchase. That is great for the customer, but that could become a nightmare for the owner.

Does it allow you to earn points off purchases made with points? If so do you think a future version could make that an option to be set from admin. Some thing like 'Let users earn points with redeemed points" Yes or No

Just my two cents
    Zen Cart: 1.3.8a
    PHP: 5.2.4
    MySQL: 5.0.45

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the feedback. Right now points earned during a purchase are "Pending" until the orders status chances from 'Pending'. So you cannot redeem points against an order that you have just earnt.

But you are right- an option in Admin to disallow earned points from an order that has been redeemed against is a good idea. The other thing I need to think about is a similar Admin option to allow points earned against free items.

But hey, it's a work in progress. I hoping with feedback (such as yours) to craft something that everyone can use.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi Andrew-

Installed the mod today and did some testing. After I added an item to the shopping cart and clicked the "Go to checkout" button the following error popped up:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method ot_reward_points::get_order_total() in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/store/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 181
    I went over the install a couple times and I don't think I missed anything. The only place I had any trouble was Order.php. Mine has been modified a couple times already and I used a compare program, but your file varied greatly from mine. I actually only found two things I knew had to be added. I don't know if that has anything to do with the error or not, but thought I would mention it.

Also when I set a global ratio in admin >>catalog>>Reward Points and click update it populates the fields with what I put in, but if I leave that page and come back, the fields are empty again. The correct amount of points are showing on the customers end when viewing the Rewards Points sidebox for items in the cart.

About all the info I can give you. Any ideas as to what may be causing the error?

Update: The error comes up when the checkout_payment page loads.
    Last edited by pinetreecandles; 27 Feb 2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Hi PineTree- is this with the latest version??? (v1.00)
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

yes, 1.00a

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

I forgot to mention that under admin>>Modules>>Order Total there are two entries; Reward points and reward points earned. Im able to configure the Reward Points, but I can't do anything with the Reward Points earned(ot_reward_points_display). when I clicked on it, to set it up, it shows the Remove and Edit buttons. If you click on the edit button, two blank fields show up and there is no other info in the box. Is it supposed to be like that or is somethig missing?

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pinetreecandles View Post
    I forgot to mention that under admin>>Modules>>Order Total there are two entries; Reward points and reward points earned. Im able to configure the Reward Points, but I can't do anything with the Reward Points earned(ot_reward_points_display). when I clicked on it, to set it up, it shows the Remove and Edit buttons. If you click on the edit button, two blank fields show up and there is no other info in the box. Is it supposed to be like that or is somethig missing?
    Sorry for multiple posts...edit button is only for 7 minutes

After looking at the (ot_reward_points_display.php) it looks like the info is not getting inserted. It looks like it should have a sort order of 1000 and there is no sort order that is showing. Also the status light next to it stays red and no way to turn it green.

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

After looking at the (ot_reward_points_display.php) it looks like the info is not getting inserted. It looks like it should have a sort order of 1000 and there is no sort order that is showing. Also the status light next to it stays red and no way to turn it green.
    Last post for now, I promise

Ok I fixed the above problem in the Orders Total area. Although I did this before and it made no difference, I uninstalled the mods and then reinstalled them again and it worked this time.

Still the remaining problem of the error on the Checkout Payment page.

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Had a look at the order_total.php under includes\classes- First off, it's one of the core files and this mod does not change or replace it. I looked at line 181 as per your message and it's a comment line. A further check for calls on a get_order_total function yielded no results either. Then I realised that my test platform was running 1.3.7. So a quick update later and I'm just going through the test procedure on v1.3.8a- I'll get a new version up shortly.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

I have a reward point on my site that I got from XModule. The problem is that when the person uses Paypal it won't give them their points because they go off the site to pay.
    So my question is if the person pays with Paypal will they get their points? This has become a real issue with customers not receiving their points.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast