Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Point Mod beta now available

Quote Originally Posted by allthat View Post
    I have a reward point on my site that I got from XModule. The problem is that when the person uses Paypal it won't give them their points because they go off the site to pay.
    So my question is if the person pays with Paypal will they get their points? This has become a real issue with customers not receiving their points.
    If your customers receive an order confirmation email from your shop then they will get the points.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Since your looking for feedback on the mod I have some more

I have a Loyalty Point Mod on my store done with osC. How it works is the admin sets a certain range of dollar amounts and ties that to a percentage which is used to discount all future purchases that person makes when they reach that threshold. You can also set it to reset what they have spent over time back to 0.00 at 3, 6, 9, or 12 month intervals. I have mine set for yearly. It's a great system. I'm not saying I want something like that for this, but what It does is it is set by default to add the money spent to the yearly total when the status of Delivery is set.

With that code it looked for a certain Status ID not name. Since I don't use Delivery (I use Shipped) I was able to go into the code to where it checked for the status ID of 4 (which is delivered I think in OSC) I was able to set it to 8 which was equal to shipped for me.

I looked at the reward_point_functions.php hoping yours did the same thing, but I see it looks for the wording processed? If that is the case, this mod would not work for those who don't use the default status. Is there a way to change it to look for a certain status ID and then award the points when that status ID is met? This way if someone wants to use there own status on when they get awarded the points they can.

Doesn't have to be something you can set in admin, just something they can go into the script and change the status ID it looks for.

I just thought it would make your mod more flexible, that way your not tied to the default status of processed and could award it using something of the admins choice.
    Zen Cart: 1.3.8a
    PHP: 5.2.4
    MySQL: 5.0.45

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pinetreecandles View Post
    I looked at the reward_point_functions.php hoping yours did the same thing, but I see it looks for the wording processed? If that is the case, this mod would not work for those who don't use the default status. Is there a way to change it to look for a certain status ID and then award the points when that status ID is met? This way if someone wants to use there own status on when they get awarded the points they can.
    It's kinda the other way. The points are set to Pending until your order status changes from Pending (could be set to processing, delivered whatever)- Then the points move from Pending to Processed in the reward point history table. However if you move an order status back to Pending, the points are moved back from earned to pending and the status changes back to Pending in the reward point history table.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    It's kinda the other way. The points are set to Pending until your order status changes from Pending (could be set to processing, delivered whatever)- Then the points move from Pending to Processed in the reward point history table. However if you move an order status back to Pending, the points are moved back from earned to pending and the status changes back to Pending in the reward point history table.
    I like the fact that if you change it to pending then the points come out. How would I go about changing it to a different status other than Processed? I would much rather they get the points once an item is actually out the door than before.
    Zen Cart: 1.3.8a
    PHP: 5.2.4
    MySQL: 5.0.45

Pine Tree Candles

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pinetreecandles View Post
    I like the fact that if you change it to pending then the points come out. How would I go about changing it to a different status other than Processed? I would much rather they get the points once an item is actually out the door than before.
    How about a minor mod which presents you with the list of possible order statuses and allows you to tick which ones are "transfer reward points" status items. When the order status changes then the 'state' of the reward points gets changed depending on how the "state" of the order changes.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Hem,

Have you tried this with the Easy Sign Up and Login yet? Apart from all the questions I asked in the other thread you made, I also have a problem with the reward points not showing in the checkout section?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    Had a look at the order_total.php under includes\classes- First off, it's one of the core files and this mod does not change or replace it. I looked at line 181 as per your message and it's a comment line. A further check for calls on a get_order_total function yielded no results either. Then I realised that my test platform was running 1.3.7. So a quick update later and I'm just going through the test procedure on v1.3.8a- I'll get a new version up shortly.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Okay, a fix for this is available now.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Hem,

Have you tried this with the Easy Sign Up and Login yet? Apart from all the questions I asked in the other thread you made, I also have a problem with the reward points not showing in the checkout section?
    I'm installing a clean/new instance of ZenCart. After that I will download the Easy Sign Up mod and use WinMerge to give me a look at file differences.

The only reason I can see that you are not seeing the reward points is because they are still Pending and the account you are using has 0 earned (look in the reward points sidebox). To get this reward points converted into earned points, just change the status of a couple of your test orders to Processed or Delivered.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

But isn't the customer supposed to see how much reward points they will be getting when they buy that particular item in checkout just like in your screenshot?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    But isn't the customer supposed to see how much reward points they will be getting when they buy that particular item in checkout just like in your screenshot?
    Have you installed the Reward Point Display Order Total mod???
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast