Plugin Contributions

Default Notify specific email address when specific product is purchased

Does functionality exist in a module where I can, for example, have an additional field in the 'Add product' form where I can input an email address that would then be notified with a copy of Order Confirmation when a sale occurs along with the default email address that receives copies of the Order Confirmation?

For example, some products in my store are actually made by others and they would like to receive Order Confirmation emails when their product is sold instead of me having to forward the Confirmation on, does this functionality exist?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Notify specific email address when specific product is purchased

This question (or similar one) was asked some time ago - by someone who was looking for the ability to send different order confirmations to different drop-shippers.

I think the answer to that question (is this feature available?) was "no".

I don't think anything's changed...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Notify specific email address when specific product is purchased

I have run into a similar issue where I would like to send an email to another address when someone uploads a file through the cart. I think I have an idea of how to do it and I am looking at the code now.

The idea in my instance is to modify the code of upload php to run a mail script similar to that of the contact us page except that the information to be included will be pulled from variables in the attributes and upload filename instead of the contact text box.

My other thought is to assign a hidden attribute to the product and then make a conditional statement on the checkout_success page that will run my email script if the attribute is set. I will post back once I have more insight.

-Shawn