Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Parcel Shipping Manager

Hello,

We have launched our Parcel Shipping Manager module. This can be viewed at http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=896

This is designed for UK shop owners only.

Once the module is installed and you have created a free account on our website you can, at the click of a button, download all your orders that require shipping into your Shipping Manager account. Our software scans the courier market (DHL, Parcelforce, TNT, Parceline, etc) to find the cheapest deal based on the collection/delivery addresses and parcel weight/dimensions and presents you with your options. One further click and the item is booked. No need for you to manually enter any details, this is pulled directly from your database. Each item only takes a few seconds to book.

Further details are available on the partners page on this site.

If you have any questions then we're here to help.

Chris
    Parcel Shipping Manager: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=896
    Book your orders for shipping with a major carrier at the click of a button [UK only]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Parcel Shipping Manager

I just discovered this (through a very random web search, not the simple way through this site!) and it's exactly what I've been wishing for, an integrated way to book a courier without having to re-enter address and phone details.

The price of the DHL 48 courier is £5.99+VAT which is also cheaper than I have been paying elsewhere.

They provide a file called psm.php which you upload to your server which allows Parcel Shipping Manager to access your server and download orders which need shipping. I've hacked my psm.php file quite a bit so it works more to my liking - the default way the system works is to list each individual item from an order to be shipped separately, and any weights get rounded down to the nearest kilo, which is often zero, so I changed the way it works to get the actual final shipping weigh from the zen database.

If anyone wants a copy of the changes I made, let me know.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shippingmanager View Post
    Hello,

We have launched our Parcel Shipping Manager module. This can be viewed at http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=896

Once the module is installed and you have created a free account on our website you can, at the click of a button, download all your orders that require shipping into your Shipping Manager account. Our software scans the courier market (DHL, Parcelforce, TNT, Parceline, etc) to find the cheapest deal based on the collection/delivery addresses and parcel weight/dimensions and presents you with your options. One further click and the item is booked. No need for you to manually enter any details, this is pulled directly from your database. Each item only takes a few seconds to book.

Chris
    Where do you upload the [FONT=Trebuchet MS]psm.php file to? I can't work this bit out it says Upload psm.php to the folder below 'includes'[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Does this mean I upload it within the includes folder?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Can anyone help on this?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Thanks,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Adam.[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shippingmanager View Post
    Hello,

Chris
    Also what does [FONT=Arial]Import error - please check your account details. Error code 403 mean?[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by madmouse View Post
    .... so I changed the way it works to get the actual final shipping weigh from the zen database.

If anyone wants a copy of the changes I made, let me know.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

If you are still using this a copy of your version would come in very handy.

Many thanks,

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Hi Rob,

If you are still using this a copy of your version would come in very handy.

Many thanks,

Brent
    I'm going to try and attach the file to this post. It won't let me post a PHP file, so I've renamed it psm.doc, all you need to do it rename it back to psm.php

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Adds View Post
    Where do you upload the [FONT=Trebuchet MS]psm.php file to? I can't work this bit out it says Upload psm.php to the folder below 'includes'[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Does this mean I upload it within the includes folder?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Can anyone help on this?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Thanks,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Adam.[/FONT]
    Upload the file to your "store" folder. Although it's not important exactly where the file is, as long as you provide the correct path to it in the shipping manager web site.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by madmouse View Post
    I'm going to try and attach the file to this post. It won't let me post a PHP file, so I've renamed it psm.doc, all you need to do it rename it back to psm.php

Rob
    Many thanks for this Rob.

Regards,

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Cheers Rob for replying.

Many thanks

Steve

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Great little add on... looks like it's going to be really handy...
    I've uploaded Rob's version and set everything up on Shipping Manager's site, but with Rob's version, there's no weights displayed but there is with the original php file.
    Does anyone know how to rectify this? Weights on my store are in Kg.
    Thanks in advance!
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast