Plugin Contributions

Default Do you have to have a SQL backup in order to move site to new host?

Do you have to have SQL phpMyAdmin backup to import when you move you site to a new host. I lost my site after the move. I tried to switch back to the old server because the new database wouldn't take the zipped or gzip file. I was getting the error that it wasn't setup. after this last install now I see something that say advance phpMyAdmin configurations but I don't know how to configure it. Can I get my products and customer with the backup I did from the cPanel I do one every month and when ever I get ready to change something and I check the complete backup when I backup. I have reinstall about 4 times. I have been trying to move for 2 weeks now and I am tired.
    If I had read the forum about all the problems customers been having with Godaddy, maybe I would have found someone else or maybe not. I checked around and I just couldn't afford most of them. I had two sites to move and I'm retired and on a set income. But any way could someone please help me if I can use my cPanel backup, if I can, can you tell how its done to get my site, products and customers moved over. I install the v1.3.7 the same as my site.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Do you have to have a SQL backup in order to move site to new host?

If you are able to backup your database using phpMyAdmin, you should be able to restore it with phpMyAdmin. There should be an "import" tab.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

I can't use it I have tried so many times getting these errors, I time I may have corrupt it. Thats why I wanted know if I could use th the cPanel backup I don't know what it contains.

Plugin Contributions

What exactly is the error when you try and import using phpMyAdmin?

Chris
    Parcel Shipping Manager: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=896
    Book your orders for shipping with a major carrier at the click of a button [UK only]

Plugin Contributions

I don't believe the CPanel backup deals with database contents. What errors are you getting?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

I don't believe the CPanel backup deals with database contents.
    FULL CPanel backup includes database, but this backup can only
    be restored via SERVER admin
    Home Backup..need to backup both store and database/s.
    Options in cpanel for each, individually, not collectively.

Plugin Contributions

It telling me I am try to use something that wasn't configured in the setup.
    I call godaddy and the rep said "you got to have sql files" I told him it was sql files. I click export to see if the setting was the same, they don't have zipped or gzip they have none compressed and the file is gzip. I pointed back to my on host I'm waiting for the change. They are going out of business. I just hope he hasn't already move my site, he said I had until the first of april. I told godaddy rep about the files being zipped, now when I go into mydatabase
    I see a button for advance configuration. i don't know how to configure it.

I donk know how long it will take the site to switch back over.

Plugin Contributions

The error before was You attempted to load file with unsupported compression (application/gzip). Either support for it is not implemented or disabled by your configuration.

Help someone I just went and backedup another file this time with out compression and it said: Import has been successfully finished, 296 queries executed. I typed in my website/fix_cache_key all it said was page not found. This is my website after the install. bestvarietyshop.com

Can some one please tell me what I am doing wrong. This the way I backed it up. - CHECKED: Structure
    - CHECKED: Add DROP TABLE
    - CHECKED: Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
    - CHECKED: Enclose table and fieldnames with backquotes
    - CHECKED: Data
    - CHECKED: Complete Inserts
    - CHECKED: Extended Inserts
    - CHECKED: Use hexadecimal for binary fields
    - Export Type: INSERT
    - CHECKED: Save as File
    - Filename Template: __DB__
    - Compression: "gzipped" (or whatever you prefer... gzip makes smaller files)

5. Click Go to do the export. Thanks to any one that can help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by weezee View Post
    The error before was You attempted to load file with unsupported compression (application/gzip). Either support for it is not implemented or disabled by your configuration.

Help someone I just went and backedup another file this time with out compression and it said: Import has been successfully finished, 296 queries executed. I typed in my website/fix_cache_key all it said was page not found. This is my website after the install. bestvarietyshop.com

Can some one please tell me what I am doing wrong. This the way I backed it up. - CHECKED: Structure
    - CHECKED: Add DROP TABLE
    - CHECKED: Add AUTO_INCREMENT value
    - CHECKED: Enclose table and fieldnames with backquotes
    - CHECKED: Data
    - CHECKED: Complete Inserts
    - CHECKED: Extended Inserts
    - CHECKED: Use hexadecimal for binary fields
    - Export Type: INSERT
    - CHECKED: Save as File
    - Filename Template: __DB__
    - Compression: "gzipped" (or whatever you prefer... gzip makes smaller files)

5. Click Go to do the export. Thanks to any one that can help.
    After thinking about it I went to admin and put the fix_cache_key in the sql patches. this is what I got

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/ $Id: fix_cache_key.php 2005-05-05 drbyte $ // /* * This utility is used to r' at line 1
    in:
    [/ $Id: fix_cache_key.php 2005-05-05 drbyte $ // /* * This utility is used to reset your "SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY" key after switching servers. * * 1. Make sure the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE setting is correct in your /includes/configure.php file. * 2. Copy this file to the folder where "index.php" exists for your Zen Cart site * 3. Run it * 4. The cache setting from your configure.php file will be displayed, followed by * the cache setting from your database. * If they match, it will say "No changes required." * If they do not match, it will synchronize the database to match the configure.php setting. * 5. VERY IMPORTANT .... WHEN DONE, DELETE THIS FILE FROM YOUR SERVER!!!!!!!!!!! * If you don't delete it (or at least rename it to something very obscure), then you run the * risk of somebody using it to find out information about your server configuration, which * could compromise your site's security. Thus, deleting this file when finished is the best approach. */ $force = (isset($_GET['force'])) ? $_GET['force'] : false;]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.