Plugin Contributions

help question USPS shipping module: Estimates appear for US only, no int'l locations

I'll bet this is something REALLY simple, but I just can't figure it out. The USPS calculator works like a charm for US addresses. But, if I test with any other country, no shipping estimate appears. I've checked all the shipping options available under int'l and I've even entered a real zip code for the int'l location.

Can someone tell me what I need to turn on or off to make this work? I'm using version 1.3.7

thanks
    Kristy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS shipping module: Estimates appear for US only, no int'l locations

You would want to make a Zone for the US ...

Be aware there are several definitions of US ... where the US can be:

1 48 lower states plus DC

2 50 states plus DC

3 50 states plus DC, plus Armed Forces, US Islands and Territories

4 a combination of anything above ...

Once you build your Zone of what you think the US is, you can then set that on the United States Postal Service usps Shipping Module and only people with addresses matching can use it ...

Be aware also that there are some US Territories and Islands with two entrees ... the ones under the US are for USPS and the ones as their own country are for UPS ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS shipping module: Estimates appear for US only, no int'l locations

I don't want to restrict shipping to JUST the US, I'll ship internationally, so making a US Zone will enable that?

Sorry, not a zencart expert. Sometimes you have to speak slowly and gesticulate a lot as my feeble brain is a little slow.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry lost my mind and totally misread that one ...

You need to either upgrade to v1.3.8a or at least upgrade the USPS shipping module to the November Upgrade for the unannounced changes that USPS made to their shipping module ...

Please read this carefully:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80695

Make sure you have all of the options checked ...

What is your Ship from and Ship to address that you are testing?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ship from KS, US ship to Alberta, CANADA

I'll read the info and download the update too.

I JUST got my site up and running so am a little nervous to do the whole upgrade. I mean, I THINK I saved all the edited files to /MYSITENAME folders. Well, except for the EZ pages as I never have figured out where they are saved.

By the way, thanks for responding so quickly. wow.

Plugin Contributions

HOORAY!

That worked like a charm.

thanks so much...

I'm off to test a bit more.

Kind regards
    Kristy
    http://www.shinyadornments.com