Plugin Contributions

Default Automatically redirect to paypal no account page

Hi all and apologies if this has been answered before but I have spent the last 2 hours trawling the forum without success and thought it might be easier to ask.

Basically ( and I've seen it done on other websites so I know it can be done ), I would like to have people who choose to pay by Paypal, be automatically directed to the Paypal " pay with credit card but no existing account page ".

Currently people are going to Paypal, but if they have no account they have to click an extra button, which may well confuse some people.

See the attached images for the standard page and the page I'd like.

Any help or pointer would be much appreciate.

The second image of the page I'd like is displayed when you click the " No Account " link on the standard page.

Hope that all makes sense
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paypal_original.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	3428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paypal_no_acc_page.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	3429  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Automatically redirect to paypal no account page

Clear your browser cache and cookies, and it'll work as expected.
    The "have no account" page automatically shows if the customer hasn't logged into PayPal from that same browser before ... or at least not since clearing their cookies.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte,
    you are truely a Zen Cart sensai, but I think you might be wrong on this occassion.
    I have just tried it in IE6,IE7,Firefox, and Safari with the same results each time.
    Using the Paypal IPN, it automatically takes you to a login page first, and if you don't have an account you have to click the " Continue " link under " Don't have a Paypal account "

Might there be something I've missed in the setup of Paypal?? Or can I specify the page I'd like it to go to from within my Paypal account??

Plugin Contributions

Your site is behaving normally.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for letting me know my site is behaving normally Kim, but I already realise that.

What I'm after is finding out if there's a way for me to skip that first page when Zen Cart sends to Paypal and go straight to the " I don't have a Paypal account " page, instead of people without Paypal accounts having to click the link????

I've seen it on other sites over the years and I'm sure there's a way to do it with the Paypal IPN payment settings.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pharqall View Post
    Thanks for letting me know my site is behaving normally Kim, but I already realise that.

What I'm after is finding out if there's a way for me to skip that first page when Zen Cart sends to Paypal and go straight to the " I don't have a Paypal account " page, instead of people without Paypal accounts having to click the link????

I've seen it on other sites over the years and I'm sure there's a way to do it with the Paypal IPN payment settings.

Thanks
    Well in case people not having the paypal account getting to the site, is it better for them to get redirected to paypal site and then create an account rathen than showing the message "I dont have a Paypal account" on the site itself? What do you think?
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pharqall View Post

Did you clear your cookies?
    Have you tried it from another computer on a different IP address?

The behavior you're disliking is decided by PayPal, not Zen Cart. You may have to take it up with their tech support people.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.