Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to connect to localhost - MAMP

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem. I'm having trouble loading my zen cart admin page. I get an "Unable to connect" "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost" and when I click on the start page from the MAMP control panel, I get "404 error message" MAMP servers seems to be running o.k.

This problem happened before and I re-installed Zen Cart. Everything worked fine till I shut down and restarted the next day. I started MAMP, launched Firefox to load admin, now I'm unable to connect again.

I checked my firewall settings, same as last time. I restarted MAMP servers, got green lights, still no page. Tried to change .htaccess to htaccess.txt, didn't work. Cleared cookies and such to no avail. I double checked the path in both admin and includes configure files, looked good. Enable_SSL_Catalog, and Enable_SSL_Admin, set to "False". Not sure what else to do? I don't want to keep re-installing.

I'm on Mac running 10.4.11

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to connect to localhost - MAMP

Quote Originally Posted by ironcross View Post
    I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem. I'm having trouble loading my zen cart admin page. I get an "Unable to connect" "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost" and when I click on the start page from the MAMP control panel, I get "404 error message" MAMP servers seems to be running o.k.

This problem happened before and I re-installed Zen Cart. Everything worked fine till I shut down and restarted the next day. I started MAMP, launched Firefox to load admin, now I'm unable to connect again.

I checked my firewall settings, same as last time. I restarted MAMP servers, got green lights, still no page. Tried to change .htaccess to htaccess.txt, didn't work. Cleared cookies and such to no avail. I double checked the path in both admin and includes configure files, looked good. Enable_SSL_Catalog, and Enable_SSL_Admin, set to "False". Not sure what else to do? I don't want to keep re-installing.

I'm on Mac running 10.4.11

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
    I just re-installed Zen Cart again. It works...until till next time

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to connect to localhost - MAMP

it work stablely for Mac running 10.4.11