Plugin Contributions

Default Need to fix SQL errors in v1.1.4d

I tacked this onto an older thread but didn't receive a reply.... trying here...

I guess the first thing that I see in the errors is that p.products_id is not found, but the field exists and seems to be OK. Also, I see that the error message comes from adodb-errorhandler.inc.php ... how can I tell where the code is that actually generated the error?

---- Original post ----

Due to continuing problems getting the new version installed from scratch (mainly a mostly unresponsive ISP) and the need to get something back up and running, I am hoping someone here can help with the errors I am getting in v1.1.4d, likely due to MySQL upgrades or perhaps a corrupted file.(?) Might need to do some SQL query tweaks.

It is *almost* working but no products show in the store's user interface under categories. The products DO show in the admin interface. Here are the errors:

Go to main store (contains a categories sidebox):
    NO ERRORS

Go to a category in main store's category sidebox (no products display within):
    in /xyz/store.old/includes/classes/adodb/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 139
    PHP Fatal error: mysql error: [1054: Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'] in EXECUTE("select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '56'")

Admin: going to Categories / Products - Top:
    in /xyz/store.old/includes/classes/adodb/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 139
    where p.products_id = pd.products_id
    from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c
    p.products_quantity_order_max
    p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed,
    p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute,
    p.products_status, p.products_model,
    p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available,
    p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added,
    PHP Fatal error: mysql error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-10, 10' at line 13] in EXECUTE("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity,
    [yes, that is the end of this error message]

Admin: Going to same category as tried in Store (products display OK here):
    NO ERROR

Admin: Going to product edit:
    NO ERROR

Interesting how the store itself has an error when going *into* a category, but the admin interface has one when showing the categories top but not the products.

HELP appreciated, and I do have some SQL buddies that can help if we get on the right path.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to fix SQL errors in v1.1.4d

Wouldnt it be better to just upgrade the store? Since you may have many hidden errors which you may not find now (but your customers will encounter them along the road)

Also, there are a number of serious bugs needed to be fixed by upgrading your cart.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You have to search for pieces of the SQL query that it's quoting in order to find the PHP file where it was initiated from.

I suspect your first one comes from /includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php on line 145:[FONT="Courier New"]
    $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status ='1', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from (" . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id ) where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
    [/FONT]

And if you're using a newer version of MySQL, you'll need bandage things by putting parentheses around the table names .... ie: after the word "from" add a "(" and before the word "where" add a ")", as shown in the above code snippet.

You could probably get around these issues if your host were to change their MySQL settings so that the sql-mode does NOT include the "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" option. But, if as you say, your host is being uncooperative, that's probably not an option for you.

Your second SQL query that you mentioned is related to a bug in your old code. A fix was posted here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...05&postcount=4

And ... test test test test test !!!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

Thanks SO much for trying. I think I have to stop kicking a dead horse here.

I don't think that was the right line but I made the change to all the queries in that file and still get the same error (this time with parens included, so I know the change took effect and they're where you said they should be).

An SQL buddy says:
    > ok, the problem is that you're mixing explicit and implicit join syntax
    > mysql at least historically gets the precedence of joins completely wrong, if they've fixed that in newer versions it would explain the breakage

Assuming there are probably MANY other places that would need fixing, I've decided to give up on the old store and see again if I can get the new install going, without much help from the ISP, so I'll probably have some basic questions coming up about that.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1234 View Post
    Assuming there are probably MANY other places that would need fixing ...
    Yes, there are many other places that have been fixed in each of the 15 versions that have been released since then :)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.