Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Iridium UK Merchant Accounts

Hi!

About the Zen Cart module

The Iridium module for Zen Cart has been carefully written to be extremely easy to install and fully comprehensive.

It provides everything a Zen Cart shop owner needs to accept credit/debit card payments over the internet.

It uses the Iridium Corporation payment gateway, which connects to a bank and checks the validity of the card details entered by the customer at the checkout. The customer remains on the store's website, they are not redirected to an external site to enter their details as with many other payment solutions, making this as professional a payment solution you could possibly use with Zen Cart!

The whole checkout process is completely streamlined, therefore allowing store owners to have a store which works just as well as any of the large e-commerce websites!

Features

This Payment Module has been written to be as comprehensive as possible. It is easy to use yet bursting with features...

* Support for every Card Type handled by Iridium. Each card type can be enabled or disabled at the click of a button inside the admin. Cards supported:
    o Visa
    o MasterCard
    o UK Maestro
    o International Maestro
    o Visa Debit
    o Solo
    o American Express
    o Visa Electron (UKE)
    o Visa Purchasing
    o Diners Club International
    o JCB

* Full 3D-Secure Support. Also known as “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard SecureCode”, 3D-Secure adds an extra layer of security to the acceptance of card details over the internet. The online equivalent to “Chip and Pin”, it is anticipated that the majority of cards will eventually make use of this technology.

* Visual Feedback of Javascript Validation.

In order to catch any problems with Card Details entered by the customer as quickly and easily as possible, this module will not only alert the user to any incorrect information when they attempt to submit the form, it will actually highlight the form fields which require their attention. This helps to avoid customers getting frustrated and leaving at the last hurdle!

* Icons for each Credit/Debit Card accepted.

If the option is enabled in the admin, icons are displayed for each credit/debit card accepted (see picture at right). Maybe not an essential feature, but it does look more professional for your shop!

* Cards Accepted Sidebox.

A “Cards Accepted” sidebox comes with the module, allowing the dynamic display of icons for each credit/debit card accepted, making it simple to alert your customers to your accepted card types even before they've reached the checkout stage.

* Support for a Single Merchant Account Currency or Multiple Merchant Account Currencies. Each currency that you want to accept payment in requires you to have a separate merchant account for that currency. This payment module supports the sending of payment information to Iridium in any number of currencies, according to the settings you specify in the Module's Admin Configuration.

* Support for Iridium's Test Cases.

This module allows you to test its operation and configuration by providing a Test Mode through which various Test Cases can be tried out. These Test Cases allow you to try out various card scenarios, to check that your store performs appropriately in all situations. Once you are satisfied with your configuration of the module and its integration with the Iridium payment gateway you can disable the Test Mode with the click of a radio button!

* Retains entered Card Details right throughout the checkout process. If a customer goes back to change their Shipping Address, or realises at the Confirmation Stage of the checkout procedure that they have entered some incorrect information, when they return to the Payment Page the card details they entered previously will be automatically restored. This prevents any frustration with customers having to re-type details and should help prevent them leaving at the last hurdle! Please note: If your server has PEAR:Crypt_Blowfish installed, this information is kept encrypted in the session to ensure the confidentiality of the details.

* Automatic IFrame Creation. The module has some very intelligent browser capability detection routines built in to maximise the customer's checkout experience when 3D-Secure authorisation is required. They are given full instructions/information on what is happening, why it is happening and what they can/should do next, all of which differs depending on whether or not their browser supports IFrames and/or Javascript.

* Allows gathering of the following information:
    o Card Holder's Name
    o Card Type
    o Card Number
    o Expiry Date
    o CVV Code
    o Start Date (Maestro/Solo/American Express Only)
    o Issue Number (Maestro/Solo Only)

* Storage and Display of Completed Transaction Information. The Transaction Information for any order processed using this module is available directly for viewing on the Order Details page for that order in the Zen Cart Admin.

* Ability to disable Autocomplete. Some browsers store credit/debit card numbers and/or CVV numbers entered and automatically insert them in a card number field/CVV field when a user returns to a website. This can be quite disconcerting to customers so the option to have this browser feature disabled is offered. The default setting disables this storing of numbers.

* Dynamic Start Date and Issue Number support. Certain cards (Maestro/Solo/American Express) may need a Start Date to be supplied for authorisation to take place, while certain cards (Maestro/Solo) may also need an Issue Number to be supplied. This module dynamically displays the necessary form gadgets to capture this information from the user, based on the card types enabled in the admin.

* Start/Expiry Date Format Specification. The format of the text to be used for Start/Expiry date selection gadgets can be specified in the module's configuration.

* Debug Support. Sometimes there can be problems sending and receiving information to/from Iridium. The debug mode allows you to see what information was sent and received so you can check your settings. Most people should never need this though and it is subsequently disabled by default.

All the best...
    Last edited by Kim; 27 Feb 2008 at 07:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Iridium UK Merchant Accounts

If you need support on any issue outside the remit of module support, ie IMA etc then please send a note direct to :

[email protected]

Oh and nice work Conor.

Plugin Contributions

Hi I want to sign up for an iridium account and use it with my site

http://www.selftester.co.uk

I already have an internet merchant account with HSBC

I don't think my hosting package includes a SSL certificate.. is it compulosry?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by LVT LTD View Post
    Hi I want to sign up for an iridium account and use it with my site

I already have an internet merchant account with HSBC
    That's good, all you'll need is the Iridium account itself then.

Quote Originally Posted by LVT LTD View Post
    I don't think my hosting package includes a SSL certificate.. is it compulosry?
    Yes, very few customers will use the checkout if they have to enter their card details on a non-secure page. SSL certificates can be bought for as little as $15 a year now though so it's not a hefty expense, your hosts should be able to install one for you easily enough. They may charge a nominal amount for adding a static IP address to your site to be used with the SSL certificate.

There's an updated version of the module available on our site. I'm going to send an updated version to the downloads area here as soon as I can.

Hope that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi i have installed this module and I have now setup my account with Iridium. All seems fine after filling in payment details and going to the order conformation page but after clicking confirm i get this error.

"Sorry but a technical problem has occurred when attempting to contact the Payment Gateway. Please contact us immediately so that we can get this resolved for you. Thank you!"

I have talked to Iridium and they say everything is fine there end. do you have any clues as to what may be causing this?

i am using ZC 1.3.8a
    Iridium v1.6.1

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by StarBuck View Post
    I have talked to Iridium and they say everything is fine there end. do you have any clues as to what may be causing this?
    I'm afraid not, sorry!

There may be more information available if you enable the debug mode of the module.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon