Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to connect to database...

Hmmm...my first major hiccup! At the moment I can not access the store I created and I'm looking for some help. I can't find any posts that seem to help.

The address in question is www.imaginart.com.au but that will not help as you can't get there!

Story...

I installed a few modules that weren't working and instead of removing them all manually, I figured I'd just delete the whole store from the server along with the database and then upload a recent backup (made just before I did all the changes I want to remove) and all should be good...but no! I have uploaded the whole store and have upload the database from when the backup was made, but I keep getting the Zen Cart error that there is a problem connecting to the database.

I have read that includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php could have something to do with this so I went and had a look at them and they both are completely blank...but this is how they would have been when the store was working as they are from the backup (and I have checked other backups and they are blank there as well).

Would love some help. Seems to make things like the white lines I had in IE before this happened seem like pretty minor issues!

Look forward to you help.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Brian

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to connect to database...

They definitely should not be blank. Upload the ones from the original ZenCart fileset and edit them to match you store settings.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I feel like a twit. Solved both problems. It wasn't blank but when I opened it up in Dreamweaver, I didn't realise that I had changed the view to design for something else and therefore was only looking at a blank screen. Changed it to code and there it was. Stupid, stupid, stupid! lol

Everything seemed ok there (although the password wasn't correct - I assume this is like an encrypted password?), so I went back to my cPanel and found the problem. Somehow the user had been removed from the database (maybe when I deleted the database?). Added the user to the database and all is fixed!!!!!

Now, back to all those 'little' problems.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Flanagan View Post
    ... when I opened it up in Dreamweaver ...
    Using anything but a plain, purpose-specific text editor will create potential problems.

Download Crimson Editor (free on the WWW) and use that to edit code files.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip :-)