Plugin Contributions

Default cannot access adim area

when i try to go to log in to admin area i get this

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.zephyr/deicea/mad-about-mobile.com/Zencart/admin/index.php on line 23

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.zephyr/deicea/mad-about-mobile.com/Zencart/admin/index.php on line 23

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.zephyr/deicea/mad-about-mobile.com/Zencart/admin/index.php on line 23

can anyone help me sort this out please

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cannot access adim area

I can't promise that this is the answer, but I have seen php error messages similar these when installing an entirely different php application. The problem at that time had been a security setting on the sewrver which prevented it from creating subdirectories more than a few deep, so a number of the deeper subdirectories and their files had been missing.

But this may not be your problem - have you tried the technical help at your hosting company, in the first instance?

Good Luck
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

De-Icea - did your problem get resolved? If so, what did you do to fix it? I have the exact same issue.

Plugin Contributions

Have you been able to view your admin login screen in the past? Did this happen recently?

Did you change any php files?

Can you see your webstore?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

It's a new install. I have never been able to get into admin. I can see the demo store just fine.

Based on reading all the other feedback, I am now in the process of deleting the database and killing all the files and plan to do another install. This will be by 6th re-install.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, what finally worked for me (after trying all the other suggestions in the forum) was to delete the database and remove all the folders from my host.

I downloaded a new copy of ZenCart and re-loaded the files to my server. I sat up a new database and re-did the install. Everything works now.

Plugin Contributions

If you have had problems like this from a fresh install, then there is no harm "deleting" everything and starting afresh. It is not the advised route if your store is up-and-running.

If you were "never" able to access your store after a fresh install, and you get error messages like these, it is usually because some of the php files were corrupted during the FTP process.

There are over 900 files in a zencart install - most of them php files that should be FTP'd as ASCII, but there are significant numbers of other files (images) that need to be FTP'd as BINARY.

This is why you should use a GOOD FTP program (Filezilla or WSFTP Professional) - making sure you pre-set the auto functions to recognise file extensions to ensure that appropriate ASCII or BINARY modes are selected when the FTP takes place.
    20 years a Zencart User