Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

bug [Not a bug] 1.3.8 HTML e-mail with language pack

Hi all,

I've installed the Dutch language in my Zen Cart 1.3.8. I can't get my e-mails in Dutch to be displaid in HTML. If a customer uses the dutch version of my site, non of the e-mails (welcome, order, etc.) are in HTML fromat. Moreover, when I send e-mails (newsletter, gv, regular, etc.) via my Dutch admin, also no HTML format. All works perfectly when English is selected/the English version of the site is used.
    I have read multiple threads on this topic, and this occurs (to my knowledge) also in the French,and Italian pack.

Now, what I have done:
    I have dowloaded all english files to my computer. Changed the names of the folders (located in both includes/languages , and my admin/includes/languages) named "english" to "dutch", deleted the dutch folders online and uploaded the english content (now named "dutch") to the server. However, the same problem still occurs. So, for as far as I can understand, this would suggest that it is in the actual coding, instead of the language pack...

Hope this information helps, and that you can help me/us out.

Thanks in advance!!
    Jurjen

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bug 1.3.8 HTML e-mail with language pack

1. Install the Email Archive Manager contribution from the downloads area.
    2. Go to Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Email Archiving Active? ... set to true
    3. Test sending some emails according to the problem you described above.
    4. Go to the Admin->Tools->Email Archive Manager
    5. Open the email you just sent. Does it contain both HTML and TEXT versions? How do they look?

I suspect Zen Cart is sending them fine but your mailserver is rejecting them.

If the email gets into the Email Archive, that means Zen Cart handed it off to the mailserver without error. Whatever the mailserver does after that is up to its configuration. If it strips off the HTML portion due to some set of rules it's using, you may have to sort that out with your hosting company, or at least get them to tell you what "rule" is being violated to cause the HTML content to be ignored.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply.

With the e-mails send via the english admin, I get both the options "preview HTML" or "preview TEXT" when looking in Admin-Tools-E-mail Archieve manager. However, with the e-mails send via the Dutch admin, I only have the option "preview TEXT". Also, under the header "format" it sais TEXT, while I send it in HTML.

So this does not seems to be a mailserver problem, I think?

Plugin Contributions

I can confirm this is a problem on other languages than English, having the same issue on the Norwegian pack.

I'm trying to track it down now, but don't know where to start. :)

I can also confirm that this was not a issue on 1.3.7

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

The problem is only in V1.3.8(a) in: /includes/functions/functions_email.php.
    About rule #393.

$langfolder = (strtolower($_SESSION['languages_code']) == 'en') ? '' : strtolower($_SESSION['languages_code']) . '/';

Just add "or 'your coutry ID' behind 'en'

$langfolder = (strtolower($_SESSION['languages_code']) == 'en' or 'nl') ? '' : strtolower($_SESSION['languages_code']) . '/';

In my case 'nl'

This is the solution to this problem,

No thanks, your welcome.

MODERATOR NOTE: A more efficient solution is posted here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...516492&#516492

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so i do not thank you but I'm going to try your sollution.

Plugin Contributions

Dank u!! Thank you very much, it worked out for me as well. I've been searching three day's now but couldn't find it. So I DO thank you!

Gerjan

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I just had time to verify this.

(This means it does )

Plugin Contributions

Thanks man!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Actually, while the "solution" posted above may work, it's not the best solution.

The $langfolder variable was added so that you could have email templates set up for multiple languages. The assumption was that "english" would be the default; however, other language-templates can be set up easily by copying the email template files to a folder like this:

/email/
    /email/nl/
    /email/cn/
    /email/de/
    /email/fr/
    /email/es/

... etc

To use this, you would copy your "/email/" folder contents to "/email/nl/" and then customize as needed. Thus no coding changes are needed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast