Plugin Contributions

Default Tax calculating and not calculating

Hi

I am not sure where the problem lies with this new site. I have set up several other sites and had no problems with the Tax calculation.

However this new one is giving me some real grief. The database is imported from an old OSCommerce site.

The problem is, if I view products while not logged in the price displayed for products includes tax as I want and have set up. But, if I log in and view the same product, the price is displayed excluding tax which is not what I want.

I suspect it has something to zones. The country of my test user is set to is New Zealand. I have one zone set up which is also set to New Zealand as its country.

My understanding of tax rates is, if you are in the zone for a tax rate then tax is included in the price. If you are outside that zone, then the price excludes the tax.

Any suggestions as to where my tax rate, zones etc may be broken to stop tax being added to prices when displayed for customers who live within the designated zone.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax calculating and not calculating

Help!!!!!!!

Any help will be much appreciated. I am certain the problem is related to tax zones.

If you are not logged in as a customer, pricing for a product is displayed correctly ie including GST tax. The tax applies in the the default country so this is correct. When I log in with my test customer, whose country is also New Zealand, for some reason the GST tax is no longer being added.

I am unable to locate where the tax logic is breaking down. I am sure it is to do with some setting or data value either in the customer data or in the tax set up.

This problem has become a major problem for me.

Please, please, please, pretty please. Someone please help

Thank you in hopeful anticipation