Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Main page text displays on all pages

Hello all,

Im wondering if someone can help me, im having a few problems with the content of my define_main_page displaying on all my pages,

Example: if you go here:

http://www.you-save-online.com/shop/

Click on Games Consoles-> from the right hand menu.

The content of the main page still says there and the sub categories displays under the main page content.

How do i remove the main page from displaying when you click on a category which has sub categories. If you click on a link with no sub categories eg. Blu Ray & DVD Players, it displays the products fine without the the main page.

Please help!

Thanks alot

Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Main page text displays on all pages

Does anyone have any ideas on this as ive tried everything i can think of but getting nowhere with it

Thanks

steve

Plugin Contributions

That is happening because it is the default page, ie: you will get that when no other page is defined.

In other words, if whatever category/sub-category you click on has nothing defined for it you will see the default page.

I am having a similar problem, myself, only in my case it revolves around wanting a subcategory on certain pages but not others.

I am going to investigate EZ pages (through the Admin setup) and see if that will help because I am getting absolutely no replies so far so I am guessing that my problem can probably be fixed quite easily if only I could work out how...
    Last edited by J. Smith; 25 Feb 2008 at 07:08 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I see what you mean, but on other installation of zen cart i have which dont have a product under a category but have a list of sub categories, the sub categories show at the top of the page and the default (index) page onlt shows on the main page.

Id really love if someone could help me only showing the main page on the index page, and not repeating it on other pages.

Thank alot

steve

Plugin Contributions

Well surely you need to add some content for that page? - Something, anything, because otherwise your cart will have nothing to show there and that's simply not allowed short of you customizing the .php template to make that happen.

Do you have a link to your website? - Maybe if I could see what was happening I could advise you better?

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I think i have explained that badly, i do have products in the shop, some are under top categories and some under sub categories which are under the top categories, eg. Top category is "Games Consoles" with sub categories of "Playstation 3" etc. When i click on a top category eg. Games Consoles i would like the sub categoies to show to the left hand side of the menu (as they do in my other shops) but instead im still getting the home page text displaying to the right and then the sub category buttons/links displaying under them, Basically i need to remove the home page text that displays on my sub category pages.

If you scroll up a little i have put a link to the shop at the top of the thread.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have found the issue, it was from a FAQ mod i installed, all i ded was remove the open-operations/faq_aplication_top.php file and that fixed it!

Thanks

steve

Plugin Contributions

Didn't work for me, when I delete that page, nothing displays at all. The body is blank.
    Last edited by bgroup99; 25 Aug 2008 at 04:44 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I did not install the FAQ mod (that I know of) and I have the same issue. Any other solutions?

My site is at www.burnerbooks.com/index.php.

Plugin Contributions

Looks fine to me, did you figure out the problem?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast