Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can middle credit card numbers be e-mailed to 2 addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    if the email exists in the archive, then the mailserver didn't reject it ... and thus any failure to deliver is a result of problems existing "after" the mailserver grabs it. This could include blacklisting of your server's address, etc.
    I just uploaded the e-mail archive module, and all of the missing e-mails are listed.
    Last edited by tracib; 7 Mar 2008 at 07:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I just talked to my web hosts's tech support, and they had me change the settings again. I get a different answer from each person I speak to there. This time they told me to change it to sendmail with the SMTP e-mail mail host as localhost

Plugin Contributions

I have been getting teh same problems as you. Everything was fine and dandy with recieving the cc and order emails then BAM! Nothing! Its embarrassing to say the least so always email or call the customer to leave their credit card number again. Any update on this?

Plugin Contributions

Ask your host what they changed on the email server.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by IFEELFROOSH View Post
    I have been getting teh same problems as you. Everything was fine and dandy with recieving the cc and order emails then BAM! Nothing! Its embarrassing to say the least so always email or call the customer to leave their credit card number again. Any update on this?
    I ended up moving my site to another host. The problem was with my host. I would get e-mails on a hit & miss basis. I don't think it is a zen cart issue. But be sure you have the e-mail settings set up correctly for your site--call your host to double check. Before I switched hosts, I just set mine up so that the middle credit card numbers would be sent to an e-mail address through my ISP and not through my host/domain.

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar but different (?) issue.

I have the shopping cart set up fine so the middle of the CC gets sent to one person. They wanted a backup in case they were out.

I added a second email (comma separates them) and they aren't getting the middle portion of the CC. Is there a hard coded restriction somewhere that this split CC email field can only go to one address?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sjhutton View Post
    I have a similar but different (?) issue.

I have the shopping cart set up fine so the middle of the CC gets sent to one person. They wanted a backup in case they were out.

I added a second email (comma separates them) and they aren't getting the middle portion of the CC. Is there a hard coded restriction somewhere that this split CC email field can only go to one address?

Thanks!
    I tried that, and couldn't get it to work. What you can do is set up a forward on the e-mail address it's sent to. So the person who receives the middle numbers can set up a forward on the e-mail account so it is also forwarded to another address.

Plugin Contributions

We went through the same thing. So what we did was set up a seperate email for this with a cryptic name [email protected]

then each person here who works on orders has a personality set up on thier email system - we use eudora -- im sure you can do it on Outlook --

once they are done with the middle #s they delete the email from thier system. We store it on a offsite server that is heavily passworded should we need to get it again.

It's a bit of hoop jumping to first get it all set up but once it is -- you dont have security issues. The big thing we were concerned about is laptops and Treos if a laptop or treo was lost and someone got it -- they could have hundreds and hundreds of cards should they get into the email thats stored on the laptop. We eliminated that.

I would also suggest that you install the pay-pal module. We found that once we added it about 22% of our customers started to use it. Just adjust your prices to take it in to consideration.

Cheers
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited
    http://www.techdivinglimited.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the responses. I put it back to one email address for now. I'll let my client know the options and see what they want to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12