Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: OsCommerce Data Importer - Errors

Hi
    I am looking to import just some products from a OsCommerce webshop to my zen-cart webshop, is it possible to do that?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fredsjo View Post
    Hi
    I am looking to import just some products from a OsCommerce webshop to my zen-cart webshop, is it possible to do that?
    1. import_osc_configure.php
    Open file and define the mysql server, data base name, user, password, MYSQL Character Set code

2. import_osc_customers.php
    Run if you want to transfer Customers

3. import_osc_products.php
    Run if you want to transfer Products

4. import_osc_orders.php
    Run if you want to transfer Orders

You can not select what records are transfered within each group, all records are transfered.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

So I just used this contribution and was very impressed at the speed and how well it worked (and I had a store with 2,000 items!)
    Everything transfered except the photos. Now I know I have to move my photos to a certain folder and then ping they should show up... but where do I put them??
    Thanks guys!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pattie1970 View Post
    So I just used this contribution and was very impressed at the speed and how well it worked (and I had a store with 2,000 items!)
    Everything transfered except the photos. Now I know I have to move my photos to a certain folder and then ping they should show up... but where do I put them??
    Thanks guys!
    I think I figured it out... I am copying the current Images folder from the OSC version of the store and moving it to the Images folder for the Zen cart version. On my products page I can see where it shows the correct names for the photos so I assume this is all I need to do.
    Cudos for the person(s) who developed this! What a HUGE time saver ;)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Skip,
    I am transferring another site over to Zen Cart using your script. I had the same problems as before with the customers numbers not matching the address book. I cleaned that up and got it work.
    This time im having a problem with "import_osc_orders.php".
    It freezes on this line:
    Exporting Orders Status ...
    ...3 -|

Done 3 Records Exported
    Exporting Orders Status History ...
    ................................................................................ ................................................................................ .......................................200 -|
    ................................................................................ ................................................................................ .......................................400 -|

Is this another case where the old oscommerce database numbering is messed up and if so what do I need to match up?
    Thank you very much,
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

Matt,
    I had similar problem with the orders status. If my recollection is correct, I disabled that particular table and ran the others successfully. That table only had limited columns so I manually imported it. The only issue I had was that before I manually imported it, some of the orders status's were missing. When the admin searched through the records, if there wasn't a status, it generated one dated today. Suddenly some of my client's orders from years ago appeared as having just been placed. So don't do very much with the imported data without making sure you get all of those order status records moved over either thru the import or manually.

Best of luck!

Jim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by skipwater View Post
    In the admin are all the Categories / Products showing?

All your languages files are in /includes/languages/Italian

Are the Category set to active?

Are the Products set to active?

Check that your Admin and Catalog are using the same database:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

Skip
    I have this problem, and could not find a resolution in the forum. I see the products in the admin. The categories display in the front end, but some of the products do not. The categories and products are all "enabled" and they are visible when searched from the front end search feature. I switched to the default template to confirm that it was not specific to my template, and it is not.

This is the url:
    http://detroitshirt.com/cart/index.php

For an example, the Men's category when clicked does not display the products, but when you search for "belle isle racing club" the product from this category is displayed in the results.
    Also, when "stickers" category is clicked, the products do display for this one.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jdyach View Post
    I have this problem, and could not find a resolution in the forum. I see the products in the admin. The categories display in the front end, but some of the products do not. The categories and products are all "enabled" and they are visible when searched from the front end search feature. I switched to the default template to confirm that it was not specific to my template, and it is not.

This is the url:
    http://detroitshirt.com/cart/index.php

For an example, the Men's category when clicked does not display the products, but when you search for "belle isle racing club" the product from this category is displayed in the results.
    Also, when "stickers" category is clicked, the products do display for this one.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Check the products_to_categories table. If the categories_id values do not matched the categories_id value in the categories table, then most likely that is your trouble.

You are getting your category menus so I think the products_to_categories values are incorrect so when you select a category to show products there is no matching product id to link up a product.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by skipwater View Post
    Check the products_to_categories table. If the categories_id values do not matched the categories_id value in the categories table, then most likely that is your trouble.

You are getting your category menus so I think the products_to_categories values are incorrect so when you select a category to show products there is no matching product id to link up a product.

Skip
    This was in fact the problem. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Please can some one just help me out here i am moving everything over to zen cart using the os data transfer but keep getting errors

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 811 bytes) in /var/www/siteimport/import_osc_products.php on line 354

when i manually edit the code it just moves to a different line i have seen the fix somewhere when i had this problem last year i just can't remeber what it was i did

Thanks in advance

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast