Plugin Contributions

Default How do you transfer from a dev WAMP server to a LAMP server?

I have a perfectly running Zencart on my development server (which is WAMP). I now need to transfer the entire site to the real server which is LAMP. And I have a disaster on my hands... this is the whole story

First attempt:

First I tried to simply backup the database and import it into the new site, and then FTP the files across. (I've been moving the site to and from my laptop this way and it never had a problem). It was mostly fine but the product listing was showing in 1 column and not 3 and nothing I did would change it. I kept hitting new file permission problems so I decided I had been silly...

Site 2...

I asked the host to put the old site aside, and installed zencart exactly as it should be. I imported individual tables, and FTP'd my files. The site basically doesn't work. It connects to databases but there are continual errors and I can't get into admin at all.

Site 3...

Please tell me - is it possible to move a working site from a WAMP development server to a LAMP server. And is the 1column/3 column problem familiar to anyone.

I've been doing this for three days now and my deadline is Sunday. I have no idea what to try next. Please can anyone help.

I will reset the configure files on my own server so you can see both.

http://www.intercommunity.co.za/grandiflora - my server
    http://www.grandifloradirect.co.za - their server

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do you transfer from a dev WAMP server to a LAMP server?

http://www.grandifloradirect.co.za/ - gives me an error msg. stating some files are missing.
    In this case:
    includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php

It's not uncommon that when uploading many files (over 1,000 for example) that for various reasons some uploads will fail. If your FTP program does not tell you about failures then best to upload one directory at a time.

i.e. first the 'admin' then the 'includes' as they are the two largest. All other directories can be uploaded at the same time.

Plugin Contributions

Looked at both and do not see your column issue??

I do see this
    Code:
    Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/grandifl/public_html/bmz_cache/1/189e1cf27d422bdd2f656d80783cda2b.image.120x120.jpg' for writing in /home/grandifl/public_html/includes/classes/bmz_image_handler.class.php on line 652
    and this can be corrected in the admin ih2 config by removing the cache and rebuilding - watch permissions on the cache folder for ih2
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you - I found a permissions problem on the cache folder. I will redo the cache. Thank you so much for your help.

Plugin Contributions

After a very long night, I think I have solved most of my problems - here are the solutions in case others have them.

1) The 3 to 1 column issue - a capital letter in a templates folder name. The folder wasn't in the usual templates folders so I never even came across it. I could probably have kept my very first installation if I had noticed it earlier.

2) Most of the error messages were folder permissions. I suspect as I do things I will find more.

3) The images problems were being caused by .JPG files instead of .jpg.

4) The biggest problem was being caused by the events calendar. The problem was actually fairly straightforward - the comments were being delineated with // instead of /** and */ . I changed each of the files and it now seems to be working. I will put this notice on the events calendar forum also because its actually a really nice module.

Three things that matter on Llinux and not windows servers:

1. Capital letters
    2. Exact folder permissions - windows permissions are "fuzzier" and don't transfer
    3. // shouldn't be used to comment.