Plugin Contributions

Default How do I turn on the buy now button?

Hi,

I'm using, 1.3.7 on a site that sells videos. On the videos product pages, we have the image, price and the buy now button. The videos have the title in their images, so we didn't need to list the product name.

However, we just added two new categories of downloaded video clips. On those product pages, mysteriously, I see the image, price and the "More info..." link rather than the button.

I want the button to show up, and not the "more info..." link as well, I would like to add the title, since these images do not list their title names. Where would I change that? I looked in product types, but all my settings are the same. How do I edit that area so it looks the same product page layout as the videos categories?

Thanks,
    Kinget
    Last edited by kinget; 29 Feb 2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: add a question

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I turn on the buy now button?

What you want, if I'm reading this correctly, is for your product listing page to behave differently based on the category. This isn't a turn on/off feat. It would need to be doen with an if statement within your product_listing.php

As for the More info... it means there are option for the client to choose in order to checkout. I changed this by doing a search for the More info (wexactly as it is on the page) and in the define file I added the image link instead of the words more info...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post
    What you want, if I'm reading this correctly, is for your product listing page to behave differently based on the category. This isn't a turn on/off feat. It would need to be doen with an if statement within your product_listing.php

As for the More info... it means there are option for the client to choose in order to checkout. I changed this by doing a search for the More info (wexactly as it is on the page) and in the define file I added the image link instead of the words more info...
    Hi Marg,

Thanks for your help, but I'm a bit confused.

Where are the settings for the product_listing page? Actually the categories shouldn't be displaying differently. I don't know why the video categories are displaying Image-->Price--> Buy Now and the new categories I just added are displaying Image-->Price-->More Info. If there is a place within the product listing page that I can edit to make it different, where would I do that? I don't know what you mean by adding a graphic in the "more info" place...please explain.

Thanks,
    Kinget
    Last edited by kinget; 29 Feb 2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Products with attributes always display "more info..." instead of a buy-now button, because you have to use the product-page to add the item to your cart ... because you need to select the download-file-attribute in order to purchase it. You can't do that directly from the product-listing at the present time.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Products with attributes always display "more info..." instead of a buy-now button, because you have to use the product-page to add the item to your cart ... because you need to select the download-file-attribute in order to purchase it. You can't do that directly from the product-listing at the present time.
    Thanks so much for the info and clarity. :-)
    Kinget

Plugin Contributions

I know it's kind of late but, when I had attributes but still wanted to do the "buy now" option I called the attributes table right on the search results. You have to do a little PHP, but if you look at your template folder for tpl_product_info_display.php you'll see where the attributes are displayed and you can move that piece to product_listing.php in your module directory near "case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':".

Sorry I can't be anymore specific than that, it was a while ago.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by accension View Post
    I know it's kind of late but, when I had attributes but still wanted to do the "buy now" option I called the attributes table right on the search results. You have to do a little PHP, but if you look at your template folder for tpl_product_info_display.php you'll see where the attributes are displayed and you can move that piece to product_listing.php in your module directory near "case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':".

Sorry I can't be anymore specific than that, it was a while ago.
    Hi there.

Thanks for the tip and your help. I think I follow you. It wasn't a major issue, but it would be nice to have the option. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and energy on this. I really appreciate it.

Kinget