Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Approval Status>It is recommended that Option 2 or 3 be used for Spiders

Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending
    Customer must be Authorized to shop
    0= Not required
    1= Must be Authorized to Browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless Authorized
    3= Customer May Browse and May see Prices but Must be Authorized to Buy

It is recommended that Option 2 or 3 be used for the purposes of Spiders
    I have my store at 0 like a normal shopping site...should I change this setting? It seems like changing this would put off new customers.

I know nothing about spiders and why options 2 and 3 are recommended...

Can someone please advise?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Approval Status>It is recommended that Option 2 or 3 be used for Spiders

0 is the default.
    If you are enabling "required authorization", it is recommended to use settings 2 or 3 instead of 1 so that search-engine-spiders can get to data to be indexed.

So ... if you're not changing whether customers need to be authorized to shop ... just leave it alone ... ie: at 0.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Approval Status>It is recommended that Option 2 or 3 be used for Spiders

Apparently you can't block individual customers? I tried to block a kid from buying something he shouldn't buy but setting his account to Must be authorized has no effect.

I definetaly do not want to require a login for the casual browser.

Plugin Contributions

Apparently you can't block individual customers?
    Not at this time.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveADotCom View Post
    Apparently you can't block individual customers? I tried to block a kid from buying something he shouldn't buy but setting his account to Must be authorized has no effect.

I definetaly do not want to require a login for the casual browser.
    If you're using v1.3.8 or newer, you can set the customer to Banned in that customer's settings. This will prevent them from doing anything at your site using that account.
    Otherwise, you'll have to do flips and tricks and even custom coding if you want to control what they can and cannot do.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Customer Approval Status>It is recommended that Option 2 or 3 be used for Spiders

Hi, can you advice me how to set up default approval status to NOT approved even globaly is set to 0(config/customers). Default is approved when set up to 0. I need it to be not. Can you help me anyway? But I dont need 2 or 3, because I have special software to work with that 0. Just to set NOT approved for new customer as default. thank you
    ########################################___
    SharkiShadow, Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkishadow View Post
    Hi, can you advice me how to set up default approval status to NOT approved even globaly is set to 0(config/customers). Default is approved when set up to 0. I need it to be not. Can you help me anyway? But I dont need 2 or 3, because I have special software to work with that 0. Just to set NOT approved for new customer as default. thank you
    You're already discussing that topic in a separate thread. There's no need to start it all over again here.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142198