Plugin Contributions

Default Ultimate Seo - cant install

I cant figure out how to install ultimate seo. Stuck at square one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I must be missing something really basic.

From what i understand, i put the files in the corresponding folders in my 'install' folder. My install folder is called 'zc_install_completed'. AS I changed the name and permissions as suggested after installing zencart initially. Does the folder name or permissions need to be changed?

And then what?

Do i need to navigate in the web browser to the install folder and do an update?
    Am i way off?

Where is this 'configure' option/file? Is it in the admin panel?

Please help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate Seo - cant install

I am trying to install plugins as well and seem to be stuck, can someone please answer this? I am placing mine in the admin but can't seem to get them to work.

Cheers,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Most mods, including, so far as I know, this one, place the files that need to be changed in the appropriate directory 'tree', so all you need to do is upload that folder to your Zencart home folder. The instructions for Ultimate SEO do say to upload the files to your 'Zencart install'. The author meant your Zencart installation - that is, your Zencart home directory on the server.

No re-installation is necessary (or possible, since you're prompted to delete the installation folder after installation is finished).

Once this mod is installed, there will be a place to cofigure it in Admin - Configuration - SEO URLS

Plugin Contributions

I have figured out what the problem was, basically the directions can be a bit confusing as etrain mentioned about the developers calling it the "install" folder and others call it "root". What needs to be done is the files from the Admin folder (of the add on) must be removed from that folder and simply inserted into the Admin of the e-shop. Once I figured that out all worked fine. I have recently added two add-ons. One called "sales report" which i found on the forum and another called "inventory report" that was found on http://damonparker.org/blog/2006/11/...entory-report/.

That said, if anyone out there knows of an add-on that can help me with purchase orders it would be greatly appreciated (even another piece of inventory control software that can be integrated with Zen Cart) .

Cheers,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help. Its working now. yay!

I was tryting to 'install' the files when you really just upload them in their correct folders.

I ran into another problem right away. I was getting the error ...

1146 Table 'mafiasam_zc.seo_cache' doesn't exist
    in:
    [DELETE FROM seo_cache WHERE cache_expires <= '2006-09-11 18:43:55']

Apparently you need to rename a table in your database from TABLE_SEO_CACHE to seo_cache

Found that help here ... http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=35034&page=19

Thanks again
    :)

Plugin Contributions

I agree with you guys that the instructions often don't make sense when you're just getting started. Once you get the hang of it, all the mods pretty much follow the same system.

Your root folder in a fresh install is usually public_html/

Be sure to read about the template override system as well. It helps maintain the original zen stock versions of files that are edited by mods. This is good if you make a mistake, want to remove it, or want to upgrade to a new zencart version. If the files in the mod are just additions to the zen files and don't rewrite any of them, you can just upload them directly. If a file with the same name (and filepath) already exists in zen, you should create sub-directory with your template name in the location the file belongs and put the edited file there.

Here's an example from SEO urls:

Two of the files provided in the mod are:
    admin/categories.php
    admin/product.php

Since these two files exist in zencart, you don't want to completely lose your originals. Instead, you create a directory using your own template name like this:
    admin/YOURTEMPLATE/categories.php
    admin/YOURTEMPLATE/product.php

As long as YOURTEMPLATE is consistent, and you've designated it under Admin->Tools->Template Section, the files in YOURTEMPLATE will override the originals without erasing them.

This doesn't alway work with functions files, such as the file: includes/functions/html_output.php

For this one, you can first rename your zencart file as html_output.bak, then upload the new one from the mod.

Hope this helps! I had a hard time getting anybody to give me the basics when I started with zen...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I have it installed but all I get on my catalog is error 404. I have read other threads and have found no step by step troubleshooting for this error. Everyone seems to believe it is a .htaccess problem. For starters there are no instructions as to where to place this file. The instructions for altering the file from "/shop/ to to match your site" is vague to say the least. I have tried altering it / as I saw on another post....no success. I tried /catalog/....no success. I tried putting the .htaccess in the mail public_html folder....no success. I tired putting the .htaccess in the catalog folder...no success. I have the permissions on the file set properly, however once it is loaded to my website my host will not allow me to change the permissions, so all I have to go on is what the permissions are when I check the properties of the file on my computer. I am at a loss what to do now.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I ave also a problem with this plugin.
    There is no config item in the admin menu.

Is anybody knows, what's wrong. Please let me know.

Stig

Plugin Contributions

wilpack and stigpfau - you haven't installed it correctly. This is a simple add-on. Some basic advice:

1. It only works on Apache servers, and won't work on Windows servers - or other non-Apache servers such as Zeus.

2. The Base URL is wherever you installed Zen Cart - either in the web root provided by your hosting company or else in a folder you decided to put it in. If you put it in the root then you don't need to change the line in the .htaccess file which says "RewriteBase /"

3. If you put Zen Cart in a folder and called it, for example, 'shop' then you put that .htaccess file inside the 'shop' folder and change that line to read "RewriteBase /shop/" (without the quotes).

Vger