Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Errors on paypal orders, and details not on receipt

I am having similar problems to what is discussed here. When I get redirected to PayPals site after placing an order, all I see is the dollar amount. How do I send the order details so that it shows up in PayPal receipt?

After I entered my credit card info and got the payment rec'd page from PayPal, I had an error on the page message. Also, the redirect (that I added 2 days ago) is not working. I have a ticket in to PayPal on both these issues. I'm hoping the error that I am getting is the reason that the order info is not being transferred to my store. None of the orders show up in admin orders, Paypal as a customer or in the customers files.

I'd appreciate any help. I know the error is not causing the lack of details showing in PayPal since it happens before the error. Needless to say, I am very frustrated!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Errors on paypal orders, and details not on receipt

Quote Originally Posted by shelley_w View Post
    When I get redirected to PayPals site after placing an order, all I see is the dollar amount. How do I send the order details so that it shows up in PayPal receipt?
    The PayPal IPN Website Payments Standard module does not currently send product details as part of the receipt. It only sends the order total details.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

After I entered my credit card info and got the payment rec'd page from PayPal, I had an error on the page message.
    Can you be more specific? I'm having a hard time guessing what that error message states.

Also, the redirect (that I added 2 days ago) is not working.
    What do you mean by a "redirect" that you added?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The error message is a javascript error that PayPal knows about & is working on, so that's taken care of.

The redirect I was referring to was the autoreturn back to my website, sorry for the confusion. Paypal tells me the autoreturn only works if you pay using a paypal account and I was using a credit card.

A techie from paypal is working with me. He can get the orders to show in my admin when he uses the sandbox server, both using a paypal account & not being registered. I just switched the settings to the "live" server & I am still not getting the orders showing up in my admin. I get the payment e-mail sent to my business address (orderconfirmation@) but it is from my personal e-mail address (shelley...) whereas the paypal tech confirmation e-mail came from my business e-mail (sensibly...).

I am going to turn on the debugging tool and see what turns up.

Plugin Contributions

I just read the debugging hint from Dr Byte and I noticed
    API certificate information.

I don't recall doing anything with API certificate information, could this be my problem? I looked in PayPal and saw Setting up PayPal API Credentials and Permissions. Did I need to grant API permission?

Plugin Contributions

I've zipped the paypal log files and attached them. There are 6 files that are from a transaction that I attempted to complete this morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What exchange rates are set on your currencies, esp USD, in Admin->Localization->Currencies?

What version of Zen Cart are you using?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just read the debugging hint from Dr Byte and I noticed
    API certificate information.

I don't recall doing anything with API certificate information, could this be my problem? I looked in PayPal and saw Setting up PayPal API Credentials and Permissions. Did I need to grant API permission?
    If you're using the PayPal IPN module (Website Payments Standard), then you don't need to set up API signature/certificate details.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using zencart 1.3.7.1

Currencies
    Australian Dollar AUD 1.30970001
    Canadian Dollar CAD 1.11129999
    Euro EUR 0.78109998
    GB Pound GBP 0.52890003
    US Dollar (default) USD 1.00000000

Plugin Contributions

My paypal techie is stumped. He can't figure out why he can place orders using the sandbox development server but I can't place orders using the live server. He checked the log files that I sent him and suggested uploading a newer version of the ipn_main_handler.php which he sent me. I did that and still nothing. He has suggested upgrading to version 1.3.8 because, after reading the logfiles he said "The IPN is sent from PayPal and received by your Zencart but for some reason the database is not updated when a live transaction occurs".

I have to admit the thought of upgrading petrifies me. I am afraid the site will get messed up. I am WAY over budget on this job (I am doing it for a customer) and I can't afford to reprogram all of the customization work that I have already done.

I ran the ipncheck and rec'd this back
    IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.0
    IPN TESTING - POSTING to PayPal via: ssl://www.paypal.com:443
    IPN TESTING - Confirmation/Validation response: RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY
    Script finished.

Any thoughts Dr Byte? I appreciate you helping me with this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast