Our site is locked out with a 500 Internal Server Error. And at the worst possible time with a paid advertising campaign just launched. Our host provider Gator after spending 1 1/2 hours on the phone with me says it is a Zen problem.

There first response was that our image attributes were set to 777 instead of 664. Then they said they were 'working on it'. Then we received an email that says:

[error] [client 216.110.94.227] malformed
>>header from script. Bad header=Content-type:
>>/public_html/shop/index.php

They asked if we edited this file... we did not! The tech checked the file and did not find anything wrong with it.

There were two files we edited in the includes/languages/english folder prior to this crash. One was checkout_shipping.php because free shipping was being displayed and triggered at 99.99 instead of 149.99. An error was made and a syntax error was displayed when testing. The error was corrected immediately and testing seemed fine. During the brief time of the syntax error a customer tried to place an order and it was not completed, from the syntax error? We contacted the customer to try again but shortly after the site went into this 500 Internal Server error lockout.

In the meantime with everything seeming to be fine and believing the customer would come back to place her order we edited the meta_tags.php file to change tagline and keywords. It is believed the site was still loading fine after that but I can't be certain.

The tech at Gator said the error was not being generated from the directory where these files are and saw nothing wrong with index.php. After another 1 1/2 on the phone he referred me here saying it is a ZEN problem. Suggested trying the upgrade to 1.3.8 and said there was a patch on here for this particular problem, if there is I can't find it.

Definitely not feeling the ZEN right now!

Now down for 16 hours PLEASE HELP!!