Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default "Starting At" price is empty OR price doubles when add to cart

Hi

I have setup my products and options. There are attributes added with a fixed price as shown below.

If I have the product price as zero, and price by attributes, the pricing when adding to cart works fine, but the "Starting At" price is blank.

If I add a product price (as the lowest attribute) the Starting At price shows the right price, but when I add it to the cart, its doubled the price, by adding the product price to the attribute price.

How can I have it show the Starting At Price, and then the attributes show their actual price and have it add to cart correctly?

So for example, I have this setup.

Product: T-Shirt

Size:-

S
    M
    L
    XL: +£1.00

Label:-

Plain: £10
    Printed: £15

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Starting At" price is empty OR price doubles when add to cart

Do you have the Include in Base Price set to YES ...

If set to NO the price is ignored and not used for the Starting Price ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I've just tried it with this set to 1 and 0 (attributes_price_base_included field yes?) and both were the same, there is no starting ar price displayed.

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL to one of these products that is being all bad that we could perhaps peek at?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Product can be seen here
    thanks

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you switch to the Classic Template ... does the price show up?

Could you browse your products table via phpMyAdmin ... do all of your products have master_categories_id to them?

Any add-ons?

I am guessing that this is Zen Cart v1.3.8a ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh

I tried all those and still had the problem. I upgraded to v1.3.8a. But I noticed another issue which may have been linked, so fixed that and its working...

Because I have so many products I have a spreadsheet with INSERT sql statements to insert the products and options and attributes direct into the database. It speeds it up so much for me, using the attribute controller would just take too long due to so many products...

I noticed I missed some lines in products_options_values_to_products_options. I added them in, set the attribute to include in Base Price, set it to Price by Attributes and now its working!

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and glad that you have this working now ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Starting At" price is empty

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What happens if you switch to the Classic Template ... does the price show up?

Could you browse your products table via phpMyAdmin ... do all of your products have master_categories_id to them?

Any add-ons?

I am guessing that this is Zen Cart v1.3.8a ...
    This just happened to me. I was almost complete testing an upgrade from 1.3.6 to 1.3.8a, finished my long list of add-on merges and was testing literally the last one, COWOA. That included changing configuration setting (split login) and I was checking out the look of CSS buttons. The starting prices disappeared.

Classic template shows exactly the same thing. It was working yesterday. I checked, all the products have a master_categories_id. Nothing had changed for the product definitions or their attributes, all that was imported correctly a long time ago and I'm not changing any category/product/attribute definition.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Starting At" price is empty

Quote Originally Posted by dhcernese View Post
    This just happened to me. I was almost complete testing an upgrade from 1.3.6 to 1.3.8a, finished my long list of add-on merges and was testing literally the last one, COWOA. That included changing configuration setting (split login) and I was checking out the look of CSS buttons. The starting prices disappeared.

Classic template shows exactly the same thing. It was working yesterday. I checked, all the products have a master_categories_id. Nothing had changed for the product definitions or their attributes, all that was imported correctly a long time ago and I'm not changing any category/product/attribute definition.

I wiped everything out, uploaded my 1.3.8a merged files, created an empty database, imported my database export, upgraded the database. Same problem, even with the green classic template. So I guess the only explanation is that one of the very last merges I was testing is somehow affecting the starting-at price.

This wil be hard to track down. Ug.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast