Plugin Contributions

Default Joomla Zen Cart or Virtuemart 1.1 - and why?

I understand that there is a component in development for Zen Cart which will be an installable Joomla component. Virtuemart is going to attempt to make a comeback with its 1.1 release at the end of this month. For those of you who have used both Zen and tested VM 1.1, which do you prefer, and why?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Joomla Zen Cart or Virtuemart 1.1 - and why?

This is a relatively uneducated opinion, but so far I am much happier setting up zen cart than I was trying to set up Virtumart. Main reason: shipping modules are much more intuitive here in zen, at least in my opinion. I have no integration, of course, with my joomla site but that's really the least of my concerns at this time.

I use virtuemart within my Community Builder install for member-only access and no shipping and it works fine. I have set up virtuemart on another site and had a b**ch of a time setting up shipping for us vs international, etc. and we more or less had to wing it by creating weights to match our own made up shipping rates.

Here in zen cart, the UPS module works perfectly "out of the box" and no headache.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Joomla Zen Cart or Virtuemart 1.1 - and why?

You're speaking about Virtuemart 1.0.x I assume? 1.1 is *supposed* to be improved in lots of ways.. It's not stable yet and I have trouble with the nightly builds. And their online demo is lacking customers and orders so it's hard to get a good feel for it..I'm anxious to see the Cartage integration for Zen and Joomla though!