Plugin Contributions

Default the automatic account creation

I've got a customer. He bought stuff. On several occasions. Used paypal express checkout to pay for them so unknown to him he had a shop account created for him. These were download products by the way so there is no way I can disable it unless the module config page is lying to me which seems pretty unlikely.

Now this customer wants to log in and re-download some stuff. And that is fine he should be able to do so. But the account was created for him. Complete with a password that he never got. (Or so it seems). Is there a way to resend the password? What happens if he uses the 'I forgot my password' function? If he gets a new password and keeps it or changes it to something new is that going to screw up his ability to use paypal express?

Cheerio for now,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: the automatic account creation

I don't have an answer to your questions because I have the same issue. I had a new customer make a purchase with PayPal EC without creating an account first. The order and payment was fine but the new customer welcome email did not send. From their end, they never actually registered an account, so there is no password. On my end, I see the account. Still trying troubleshoot this one because I would like customers to return and offer a review of the product.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Just to add to this... I tested this out and the customer can navigate to the My Account and click on the Forgot Your Password link. It will then send a password to the customer.

It would be nice if the store could send a welcome email and a temporary password automatically for those few times when a customer doesn't register prior to paying with PayPal. For now, I have to send instructions on how to retrieve the password which adds another layer to my customer service work.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Alan,

if the customer forgot his/her password then they just need to click on "Forgot Password" and a new one is sent to them. With this new password they just go their account and change the pwd to one they can remember. It does not "screw up" their paypal express checkout acct. if this was the case there would be umpteen thousand "screw ups" at paypal ever day.

So, nothing to worry...

Frank

www.frnt.org/zencart/