Default Configuring Main Page Content (Center Box and Categories)

I have recently acquired the responsibility of managing my store's website. I have no prior knowledge of using html, css, or other types of programming; I am learning as I go. I also was given no knowledge of how zen cart was installed, if it has been upgraded or not, or any of this information.

I am desiring to place my main categories above my center box on my main page, horizontally, so that the categories are the first thing the customer sees after the header. However, at the moment my center box and its image are above my categories. I have already removed the side boxes as I do not want them on my page. The categories currently reside horizontally below my center box. I would like them to be placed above my center box's text and image.

I have been attempting to fix this problem to no avail. Please help me if you know a way to configure my page in the way that i desire it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Configuring Main Page Content (Center Box and Categories)

Since what you describe is not standard Zencart behavior, we'll need a link to the site.

If you are really using version 1.3.7, your first priority should be to upgrade to the latest version for security reasons.

Here is my link:
    http://www.nchgalleries.com/
    On my Zen Cart Admin page it says my version for zen cart is 1.3.7 and my PHP version is 5.2.17. I have read the upgrading can possibly remove edits and such so I was worried about that as I have no idea how previous changes have been made.

Scratch that, I've figured it out. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to place my featured items above my main products. Currently my center box and its image are at the bottom my main products. I have removed all side boxes I do not want them on my page.

I have tried selecting the other options for the center box featured item, ie: 1 – 4, and it does not move the featured item, it still shows at the bottom.

I have read through many of the posts and I am not finding what I need. Can someone help me figure out how to put my featured product above my other items.

My site is http://www.ruminaformoms.com/catalog/index.php

Thank you in advance for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I found my issue and fixed the was simple. In admin, config, index listing, I had my new products to list as 1, once I said to show my new products in the number 2 position and setthe featured products to the number one position, the featured products show on top.