Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HOW-TO: Image Preparation

well, that's not what the FAQ's say:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=30
    Your images are distorted because the images sizes are set to fixed dimensions, both height and width, and if your images are not the same ratio they will appear distorted.

To remedy this situation, open your Admin and point your cursor to Configuration on the menu bar. Chose Images from the dropdown list and click on it. On this page is a list of the various image sizes, choose the image size you wish to edit and set one of the dimensions to 0. Make sure you also set the following two options: Calculate Image Size = true and Use Proportional Images on Products and Categories =1. This will alow your images to be resized according to their own proportions.
    SoftDux - Linux & Windows hosting, with servers in USA, ZA & AU

Plugin Contributions

Pic Optimizing and Adding Additional Pics Under a Product Description

I'd like to know if I'm on the right path for the following. I want to optimize my pics as discussed in this thread, however, I also need to add additional photos below some of my product descriptions as some products have more than one pic. Here's my logic:

Say my main product pic filename is "mypic.jpg" and after resizing and renaming to optimize I've uploaded the 3 files to :

images/mypic.jpg (100x100 px)
    images/medium/mypic_MED.jpg (200x200px)
    images/large/mypic_LRG.jpg (400x400px)

All my pics will be these sizes (squared and uniform and the same pixel sizes width and height)

Now, my product has two additional (different) pics but I realize they must be named the same as the main pic but with the numeric extension (01, 02, etc.). Should I be doing this below (naming and uploading to...) after resizing and renaming so they will function properly when clicked under the product description?

for additional pic #2

images/medium/mypic_01_MED.jpg
    (the above will show pic #2 as medium sized and static under the description)

images/large/mypic_01_LRG.jpg
    (the above will show pic #2 as large sized under the description when clicked on)

for additional pic #3

images/medium/mypic_02_MED.jpg
    (the above will show pic #3 as medium sized and static under the description)

images/large/mypic_02_LRG.jpg
    (the above will show pic #3 as large sized under the description when clicked on)

Is the above correct to not only optimize them but have them show correctly under the product?

(Think I've had a slight brain freeze trying to write this out....)

Thanks for any input!

Plugin Contributions

Bingo! You have the image naming and placement correct and that will work exactly as you expect it to.
    Ted
    Never say never, it's only a matter of time, energy and asking the right person the right question!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply, Ted! That answers my question and it does work great...

It's amazing how much better the graphics look when optimizing them. I had initially had only one sized pic at 450 x 450. The product image looked a little 'grainy' for lack of a better term probably because it was somewhat compressed in the allotted space. The only pic that looked clean and clear was the 'click for larger' pic. I did set the smaller image size in admin/configuration/images to 100 x 100 where needed but making them uniform in size (i.e., 200 x 200, etc.) helped a lot, as well.

Thanks again...

Plugin Contributions

I have done all of this. Uploaded the images, to large, medium and to images nad I still have no images in my products? Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

I assume if i am using Image Handler 2 that i don't have to worry about all this Med and LRG and small and it will do it all for me and place the images in its bmz_cache folder ?

Plugin Contributions

does anyone know how to format an image with text surrounding it in zencart on e-z pages?

I want my image to align to the left with text in a column to the right - is it possible to do this via the WYSIWIG interface?

Thanks, Elaine

Plugin Contributions

image problem Re: HOW-TO: Image Preparation

All of this information has been wonderful! Thanks all!!! I'm a total newbie, so being able to resize my images was awesome. =)

But I still have a problem that I can't find an answer to. When people click on my categories list, I want them to be able to see four products across, not just one.
    Here is a link to what I'm trying to change:
    http://www.herplayroom.com/index.php...index&cPath=20

My friend says it is hard coded and that I can't change the display to be four across instead of one. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Look in Admin>Maximum Values and set Categories to List Per Row. As long as your image sizes will fit in a 4 across pattern that will do it.
    Ted
    Never say never, it's only a matter of time, energy and asking the right person the right question!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry Ted - that's incorrect. That's for CATEGORIES, not products.

What's needed here is the installation of the Column Layout (Grid Layout) module available from the downloads section.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast