Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Ok, thanx...

For clearing that up..
    It seems I have to go step-by-step or I get things mixed up...
    Now off to see the Wizard...
    the Wonderful wizard of Zen...

Back in a bit..
    Frank Poole
    Have camera, will travel
    www.poolesdive.com - shoppe

Plugin Contributions

If you have already uploaded all your images with the "old" mixture of thumb via Add/Edit Product and FTP for the medium and large then there's little point in re-doing everything...but there's no reason why you shouldn't use Image-Manager for subsequent product images. ZC will look for image, image_MED and image_LRG in the images, images/medium and images/large folders respectively and will display whatever it finds with the correct name.

If you are just starting out, then all you need to do is browse to your large image via Add Product and upload that pic only - all the rest, including placing it in the correct folder is done for you.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I just installed image manager by replacing all my exisitng files with the ones in the directory. Where do I go in the admin to access all the image manager functionality? Is there anything else I need to do other than replace the files and update the mysql database?

Andrew

Plugin Contributions

Andrew, please have a look at breakmyzencart.com. There you can download the latest version. We're a few versions ahead already ;) You can look at this thread for support but the image-handler 0.7a features a small INSTALL.txt and a big README.txt to get you started. You can find a few infos on the page posted above, too. If you have questions, please post into the thread mentioned above so I won't miss it when I'm away ;)

Regarding your question, there shouldn't be any other things to do other than copying the files and upgrading your database. Just go into admin->configuratopn->images and select thethe Image Handler you want to use and review all the settings. Look here for an example. Then you go to your insert/update product page and upload a picture.

Regards,
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

Brand new to the forum and am in the middle of trying to get the images to work right. I've made 3 .jpg files as recommended - and they're out in the right directories on the server. But when I look at the product, what I see depends on which image I last "uploaded" via the product add/change page in Admin. If I upload the thumbnail image (no special suffix) (accomplished by selecting the image via Browse, specfying the Main Directory in the pull down menu, performing the "Preview" and then "Update" steps), my thumbnail image is just fine (125 x 125), but the product page image appears to take the same 125 x 125 image and stretches it to fit in the 250 x 250 space I defined - and when you "click for larger image", you get the 125 x 125 image. If I go back to the product add/change page and "upload" the _MED image to the images/medium directory, then the thumbnail image is not as clear, the product image is fine and the large image is the same as the product image (250 x 250). Finally (you guessed it) when I go back and "upload" the _LRG image into the images/large directory, the thumb is poor quality, the medium looks pretty good and the large image is correct (500 x 500). I tho't that Zen was supposed to know how to pick the right image for each display, if they were in the proper directories and properly sized to begin with. Any idea where I've gone wrong?

Plugin Contributions

I'm hardly qualified to offer anything,but just to make sure you do have the med and large images with the ending name tags as:
    medium = filename_MED.jpg - FTP up to the Image/medium/
    larger = filename_LRG.jpg - FTP up to the Image/large/

You FTP up the two _Med and the xxx_LRG images to the appropriate folders and then upload = Browse in the Product page, the thumbnails into the regular images/ dir...

Hope that helps...

ps. the tags are set in the Configuration-Images??? don't have it up,but the place where you set the sizes for them... Caps = _LRG _MED
    Frank Poole
    Have camera, will travel

Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by fpoole@Mar 14 2005, 01:37 AM
    I'm hardly qualified to offer anything,but just to make sure you do have the med and large images with the ending name tags as:
    medium = filename_MED.jpg - FTP up to the Image/medium/
    larger = filename_LRG.jpg - FTP up to the Image/large/

You FTP up the two _Med and the xxx_LRG images to the appropriate folders and then upload = Browse in the Product page, the thumbnails into the regular images/ dir...
    You could also use the image editor/manager contribution for HTMLArea to view all the images that are on the server, browse/upload instead of FTPing them all, and crop/resize right on the server if you need to.
    <span style=\'font-family:Arial\'><span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:blue\'>Templates, modules, graphics, hosting, and customization at </span><span style=\'color:purple\'>ZenCartTemplates.com</span></span></span>

Plugin Contributions

and, of course the Image mod that &#39;Tim K" has where you just upload the one Large image and either GD or Imagick will resize according to the Image settings...

I&#39;m using that now and believe I have it working... but not getting the _med image...
    So now I just upload 1 image in the New Product - Browse and all there are addjusted as needed... plus adding the "Samle" cover over it... (Mine is set up for Photos - shops probably don&#39;t need proctectionetc...)
    Frank Poole
    Have camera, will travel

Plugin Contributions

Hi&#33; I&#39;ve tried following this instructions and am having problems with the 2nd image showing up.

I&#39;ve named my files:
    /images/
    75608432.jpg (small size 100x...)
    75608432_01.jpg

/images/medium/
    75608432_MED.jpg (220x..)
    75608432_01_MED.jpg

/images/large/
    75608432_LRG.jpg (400x...)
    75608432_01_LRG.jpg

The main pictures are showing up fine, but the 01 aren&#39;t showing up at all. I didn&#39;t think I even needed to have an 01 image in the main directory. But, I tried that when it wasn&#39;t working with just 01_Med & 01_Lrg.

Also, a lot of my products are already listed - I just need to add the pictures. I tried entering the URL and it didn&#39;t take at all. I tried with and without (as requested) the http:// and neither worked. When I place the full URL in the address bar it came up so the path was valid. I finally just had to reload it from my computer. It would be easier if I could figure out how to get it work with the URL so I can FTP.

Thanks&#33;
    ~Melissa

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you post a URL to your site so we can take a look?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast