Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Originally posted by DrByte@Jun 22 2005, 05:09 PM
    yes and yes

you can use .gif as long as ALL your images are .gif 's
    Thanks Doc
    What I tryed and it works like a charm is to setup the folders like my previous post and then I set all the image sizes in admin/configuration/images to blank. I process all my photos in photoshop anyway so I make the various sizes there. The advantage I see in this method is I can use landscape or portrait for products.

Thanks again
    Roundy

Plugin Contributions

This is a bug report and could possibly help people having trouble. I was having problems with images of multiple sizes as well. I had uploaded the images like so:

images/products/(publisher)/jpgs/(modelnumber).jpg
    images/medium/products/(publisher)/jpgs/(modelnumber)_MED.jpg
    images/large/products/(publisher)/jpgs/(modelnumber)_LRG.jpg

The images in images/products were the only ones being used by Zen Cart, regardless of the situation. I could not for the life of me figure out why, until I looked inside:

includes/modules/pages/product_info/main_template_vars_images.php

and found that, on line 25, ALL occurances of the extension, INCLUDING THE PERIOD, WHICH HAS A SPECIAL MEANING IN REGULAR EXPRESSIONS, are removed in the ereg_replace function call, meaning Zen Cart thought the medium image filename was:

images/medium/products/(publisher)s/(modelnumber)_MED.jpg

Note that not only did the three letters 'jpg' in the path get removed, but also the slash immediately preceding the 'j', because the period in the extension was matching the slash.

As a quick fix, I appended the following:

. '$'

to the first parameter of the ereg_replace call, making it only match the extension at the end of the filename string.

From a quick grep I just did, I found 25 instances of this ereg_replace mistake.

grep -r 'ereg_replace($products_image_extention' includes/*

-Don

Plugin Contributions

Ah. I see there's already a topic about this bug in the Zen Cart Bug Reports forum.

http://www.zen-cart.com/modules/ipb/index....showtopic=17552

-Don

Plugin Contributions

Nice tutorial Ryk for those unfamiliar with how to properly prepare images. Another little trick that has been mentioned here before is to only set either the hieght or width in the admin but not both. This will prevent images from being distorted disproportionally. Example: Set the thumbnail width to 100px and leave the height blank in admin. All your thumbnails will all be the same width and the height will be reduced proportional to the width.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

Thanks for all this interesting info about images!

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out a simple thing. I am trying get have images in my product info page and also on the first (main) page.

I am doing the downloading as in the admin/products page, but the images just don't show.

I've gone to the Configure/images page in and changed the height to "0" and allow for proportonal images on products and categories.

And, the images still don't show.

The images are all jpgs too, and when I look at my server, the images are siting in the www/store/images area, which I think they should be.

Can any help!?

Thanks,
    Steve ::frust

Plugin Contributions

I was hoping for some help here and have been waiting for a couple of weeks. I'm surprised no one has written.

Please help!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I'm not too sure exactly what your problem is ... do you mean you just want an image to show up on the front page as part of the general description of the site, or something else?

If the above, then you simply place a link to the relevant image in the text by using the define pages editor to modify your main_page.

Perhaps a url where we could look at your problem would help.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

steventemplar and me seems to have the same problem.

When I first moved to ZC from OSC I made sure that the images worked as they were expected. I added a few test products and uploaded the images for them. Everything worked.

Then I began my daunting project of migrating a webshops entire database to ZC. After many daunting hours the migration were done and I had 13 000 new products with correct values in the database coming with ZC. But.

The product image won't show. No matter what. Only way to get them to show up is to add a product manually and I will NOT add 13 000+ products manually just to get the pictures to show up.

Please assist. (Yes. I've triplechecked so the right value is in the database, the images exist, world got read/access-rights to the files and so on.)

Plugin Contributions

url?
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Great info, this has helped so much in getting my images the right size

My thumbnail shows the right size 125x125
    My Product page shows the right size 250x250

But......

Larger image (popup window) shows 125x125 looking at the jeg in the image folder not the large folder

I have played with java script which nicely resized the popup window but not the image.

Help !!!!!!

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast