Plugin Contributions

Default Need help installing...

I have uploaded ZC to a Windows server. When I browse to it, the Install welcome screen comes up. (The logo is missing, but I checked that the file is on the server in the right subdirectory and the permissions are all 777. Why missing?)

When I "Click Here" to begin the installation, it goes to: http://[ our site ]/stewardshipsupplies/zc_install/index.php, but the page says

IIS Password
    The Page Cannot Be Displayed...yata, yata, yata.

I have checked permissions and they are all 777, and I have been to the web sites admin console (Vdeck 3.0) to the IIS section and there is no mention of a password.

Whant do I do?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help installing...

Zen Cart does not institute a pass for install...

Even though you checked there is some setting on your host account asking for this and you need to find it and remove it
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

OK...I talked to hosting techs and they reset permissions. I went through install process until completion and it was successful.

However, now when I browse to either the index.php in the root, or the index.html in the Admin/includes subdirectory, they both return blank white pages.

The html code in the Admin/Includes/Index.html is simply this:

<html>
    <head>
    <title></title>
    <meta content="">
    <style></style>
    </head>
    <body></body>
    </html>

and the page is blank when it come up.

Now what???

Please help.
    Last edited by brossyg; 11 Mar 2008 at 09:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ignore previous post. I reinstalled everything after permissions were reset. Now, after installing "clicking to go to the store" produces a blank page, and "clickingto go to admin" prduces one whopping error about a bad path (but the path isn't bad...the syntax may be). Here is the error:

Warning: main(/nawinfs06/home/users/web/b1526/ipw.xxxxxx/stewardshipsupplies/includes/autoload_func.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.xxxxxx\stewardshipsupplies\admin\includes\a pplication_top.php on line 130

Warning: main(/nawinfs06/home/users/web/b1526/ipw.xxxxxx/stewardshipsupplies/includes/autoload_func.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.xxxxxx\stewardshipsupplies\admin\includes\a pplication_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/nawinfs06/home/users/web/b1526/ipw.xxxxxx/stewardshipsupplies/includes/autoload_func.php' (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in \\nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.xxxxxx\stewardshipsupplies\admin\includes\a pplication_top.php on line 130
    PHP Warning: main(/nawinfs06/home/users/web/b1526/ipw.xxxxxx/stewardshipsupplies/includes/autoload_func.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.xxxxxx\stewardshipsupplies\admin\includes\a pplication_top.php on line 130 PHP Warning: main(/nawinfs06/home/users/web/b1526/ipw.xxxxxx/stewardshipsupplies/includes/autoload_func.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.xxxxxx\stewardshipsupplies\admin\includes\a pplication_top.php on line 130 PHP Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/nawinfs06/home/users/web/b1526/ipw.xxxxxx/stewardshipsupplies/includes/autoload_func.php' (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in \\nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.xxxxxx\stewardshipsupplies\admin\includes\a pplication_top.php on line 130

It all seems to point to one bad path. The path is correct, but I don't know if the syntax is???

Plugin Contributions

Sort of off topic - Why are you using a Windows server? Linux is soooo much easier.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Assuming you are Kim Elliot of the Zen Cart team...I would have hoped for a little more compassion with this issue. I have installed ZC on a Windows 2003 platform because that is what our site is hosted on. The installation was not easy, and I am usually pretty good at this stuff. Now, I have an installed ZC, but get errors when trying to browse to the admin section. They are path errors, and yet the path is correct, although the syntax may be wrong. I don't know how that is "off topic" in a forum about problems installing ZC on a Windows Server. I need some help from someone who has had path errors after installation.

Thanks