Plugin Contributions

Default My customers cannot upload files having uppercase letters in filename extension

My shopping cart allows customers to upload a photograph which is then displayed in the shopping cart. I paid a programmer to write custom code for this function, (it also uses IMH2), but the programmer is currently MIA.

However, I just realized that if the image extension is uploaded in upper case (such as JPG), the photo does not display. If the photo is uploaded in lower case (such as jpg) then the photo displays fine.

If a customer uploads filename.jpg, Zencart saves the file as 100.jpg. If a customer uploads filename.JPG, Zencart saves this file as 100.JPG. This seems to be what is causing the display problem, in that, Zencart has an issue with upper case extensions, and is incapable of displaying images if there is an upper case extension, despite the fact you are suppose to be able to set this configuration in Zencart Admin.

I have configured my Zencart Admin to accept both types of extensions (upper and lower case), but it appears this function does not really function. I have checked all of my files to ensure that all extensions, (upper and lower case are accepted), and I even discussed this with my server host to ensure that all mime types for images are recognized for browser display.

My server host informed me that the problem with the image not displaying if the extension is in upper case, is a "known Zencart malfunction". I'm not sure what this means, or how they know this is an inherent problem, but if anyone can point me in the right direction to correct this problem, I would appreciate it.

I think the feature of customers being able to upload images, and the image being displayed in the shopping cart is years overdue, and should have been implemented long ago, so I am hoping that some one here knows why there is an inherent malfunction with Zencart code that prevents images from displaying correctly because of case sensitive extensions. I truly hope that someone will know how to correct the "known malfunction" that exists deep within Zencsart that prevents images from displaying simply because a file extension is uploaded in capital letters... so any help would help...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My customers cannot upload files having uppercase letters in filename extension

I just checked a current demo install that I have and Zen Cart will display either extention Uppercase or lowercase images

So this does not look to be a Zen cart Bug... you might try a stock install and see if it is in your custom code
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My customers cannot upload files having uppercase letters in filename extension

Anyone have find a solution to this?

I'm having a similar issue but it's a display problem.

My client can upload product images with upper and lower case product images. In other words, both .jpg adn .JPG can be uploaded.

Photos with upper case extension are displayed on Windows, FF and IE, but lower case extensions are not displayed on Windows FF and IE. Both types display properly on Mac FF.

This is a default install of ZenCart.

Thanks
    Chijo

Plugin Contributions

I just found the "solution."

The photo files that my client were uploading were a mixture of RGB and CMYK files. I should have thought of this. Of course, they have to be all RGB.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for posting the solution to your image problem.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.