Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sequenced attributes based on stock addon...

anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by modernm View Post
    I have been able to build a mod re-using code from other projects that will give sequenced drop downs for attributes based on stock. If anyone is interested in testing please PM me. I would like to contribute my work to the Zen Cart project even if it is only a temp fix until 1.4 comes out. This requires the Stock by Attributes mod installed and working.

Single drop down based on stock... (can be setup in multiple ways but currently setup to prevent adding items to cart and still show all attributes. Medium is out of stock if you want to test)

http://www.modernmunchkin.com/boys-1...-plaid-27.html

Sequenced drop downs based on stock...

http://www.modernmunchkin.com/gift-c...oduct-193.html

Cal
    I'd like to install and test this add on, but I am not quite clear on what it "does".. I was wondering if someone can give me an explanation of what is meant by "sequenced drop downs". None of the examples posted are working so it's difficult to get a grasp on this add-on and what it does..

Also is there a particular flavor of the stock by attributes add-on this is meant to be used with?? (Standard, Multi-Add, Ajax)

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem mentioned previously.... i have dynamic dropdowns and stock by attributes, bith of which I've disabled for the time being...

When I have two or more attributes bad things happen...

If i select "Product Info Multiple Attribute Display Plugin":

1) to single radio set, the two menus disappear, there is no menu at all.
    2) single dropdown, the two attributes are combines, but neither is carried over to the "In basket" page.
    3) multiple dropdowns, the first of the two attributes is repeated....
    4) sequenced dropdowns, again the first of the two attributes is repeated...

I sense a file needs to be changed somewhere, and there's a simple solution... any ideas...????

Any help appreciated!!!

The problem page is here:

http://www.easyrunner.co.uk/index.ph...roducts_id=266

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by optimalwebsite View Post
    I have the same problem mentioned previously.... i have dynamic dropdowns and stock by attributes, bith of which I've disabled for the time being...

When I have two or more attributes bad things happen...

If i select "Product Info Multiple Attribute Display Plugin":

1) to single radio set, the two menus disappear, there is no menu at all.
    2) single dropdown, the two attributes are combines, but neither is carried over to the "In basket" page.
    3) multiple dropdowns, the first of the two attributes is repeated....
    4) sequenced dropdowns, again the first of the two attributes is repeated...

I sense a file needs to be changed somewhere, and there's a simple solution... any ideas...????

Any help appreciated!!!

The problem page is here:

http://www.easyrunner.co.uk/index.ph...roducts_id=266
    The option above is in the dynamic dropdowns menu... something's fowling up, and I dont know why!!!

Plugin Contributions

The option above is in the dynamic dropdowns menu... something's fowling up, and I dont know why!!!
    I don't think the add-on creator knows either or he has not updated the add-on if there is a fix to this.. this is from the readme file:
    Multiple_drop down does not work with multiple attributes, a regular expression needs to be fixed. Use the sequenced_dropdown for more than one attribute.
    Here's my observations regarding this add-on..
    1. When you have selected "sequenced_dropdowns" for "Product Info Multiple Attribute Display Plugin", the mod displays ALL of the possible options for the first choice including options where there is no product variant with that option included or options where all variants using that option are out of stock.
    See this product to see what I mean:
    http://testsite.overthehillweb.com/z...products_id=43

If you select "Red" the second dropdown has no values to choose from.. and TECHNICALLY this is correct since no product variants with Red exist.

Now choose if you "NONE", the second dropdown has no values to choose from.. and TECHNICALLY this is also correct since all variants of the "NONE" option.

However, it would probably be better to either not display "Red" or "NONE" in that 1st dropdown at all OR to display the "Out of Stock" text next to the unavailable options.. BEST option would be to allow the admin to choose which one of these options they want.

The second dropdown displays only the options available based on the fist option selected. (Perfect!!)

2. Selecting "multiple_dropdowns" as an option for "Product Info Multiple Attribute Display Plugin" doesn't work correctly. It displays the first dropdown twice and as a result you get an error message: "The combination of options you have selected is currently out of stock. Please select another combination." It does however display which options in the dropdown are out of stock.

Despite this, I MAY try and make use of this add-on.. Gonna do a little more testing to decide if the "quirks" are things that can be worked around.. I have a client who could use something like this right now, and we may work with this.. Not sure..
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 11 Sep 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Well spoke too soon.. Dunno if this is going to be an option for my client.. More than two options and this STOPS working if you've selected "sequenced_dropdowns".. The 1st dropdown shows values (after you've created at least ONE variant). But the other dropdowns don't populate at all..

Example of this can be seen here:
    http://testsite.overthehillweb.com/z...products_id=78

Dunno if I can have my client use this now.. Hmmmmmm

Plugin Contributions

I think I've figured out what's going on when you select "single_dropdown" option.. It almost feels like it's just not displaying the options selected.. (I'll check a few more places to be sure) While I can't select variants that are out of stock (rightfully so), even with my settings that prevent checkout when items are out of stock, I am able to checkout even though the variants do not display in the cart..

That's enough for me.. going to bed..

Plugin Contributions

Compare:
    http://www.modernmoppet.com/girls-12...brown-379.html

To this:
    http://testsite.overthehillweb.com/z...products_id=26

In the first example out of stock attributes are clearly flagged, and if you add one to the cart, you get the error message. When you choose an option that is in stock, the option is passed on to the cart as you would expect.

On my test site (the second link), out of stock attributes are clearly flagged, and if you add one to the cart, you get the error message. However, when you choose an option that is in stock, the option is NOT passed on to the cart as you would expect.

So it looks like the add-on author has got the single dropdown options working correctly on his wife's site.

There is still the issue that this add-on will disable your dropdowns if you are not tracking stock by attribute for that item. It seems to force you to define variants for ALL products using ALL attributes which is an issue if you have products with optional attributes or if you have custom products where the clients chooses the options they want to build a custom product.

Lastly there is still the issue that this mod completely hoses any products where the attribute is NOT using a dropdown field. (radio boxes, text field attributes, checkboxes)

Not sure I'll be able to make this work for my client as is out the box.. Hmmmm...

Plugin Contributions

I think I'm going to uninstall both dynamic dropdowns, and stock by attributes....

Grrrr....

Plugin Contributions

I think I'm going to uninstall both dynamic dropdowns, and stock by attributes....

Grrrr....
    I'm keeping Stock By Attributes.. It's a solidly written add-on.. It works with no errors if you DO NOT install the Ajax or MultiAdd versions -- which seem to be where most of the issues in the support thread for this mod come from.. Though I do like the stylesheet from the MultiAdd version and do use it.. It makes a nice visual seperation between the variant and the parent product.. My customer and I will work out procedures that work around the Dynamic Dropdowns not working..

Nice idea.. Looks like it's working on modernm's wife's site, but it surely doesn't work like that for me.. The only think I got to work halfway decently was if I have two attributes and the settings are set for sequenced dropdowns. ANY other settings and this mod kind of dies..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast