Plugin Contributions

Default Blank page when using Firefox

I'm having a problem with people using Firefox and Opera to access my site. They get the title but the rest of the page does not display. I my self have 4 machines that use IE 6 or IE 7 and can get in just fine. Any suggestions?

The site is https://www.crackheadpc.com

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank page when using Firefox

I tried your site in Safari 3.0.4, Opera 9.26, and Firefox 2.0.0.12 on XP SP2. All of them loaded fine.

Plugin Contributions

The home page loads just fine for me in FF 2.0.0.12, but when I try to view ANY product, I get a blank page.

Myself, I wouldn't use the SSL for the WHOLE site, just any point where you're taking peoples personal information such as log in, create account, checkout procedures, and such.......as ANY site does. Browsing with SSL enabled? No. Signing up, logging in, or buying with SSL enabled.....Absolutely!

That might solve of your problems, as your product descriptions aren't meant to be secured, just the purchase of these products.

Hope this helps.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, tried the product pages and now I am getting the blank page. First, I agree with GEF, no need to browse the site with the SSL, just for pages where sensitive info is being sent to the server.

As for the problem you are having, looking at the source that does get generated on the blank page, the last line that is generated is either -

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="includes/templates/classic/css/print_stylesheet.css" />
    or

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_textarea_counter.js"></script>
    That gives us a pretty good idea of where your cart is breaking. Following the flow of Zen cart, these particular bits of code are generated in html_header.php. Are you using a modified html_header.php file? If so, I would switch back to the unmodified file and see what happens.

Otherwise, we know that your at least getting to this line from index.php -

Code:
      require($template->get_template_dir('html_header.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/html_header.php');
    Find that line in index.php and start working your way down to see what should be happening next.

Plugin Contributions

I tried putting an unmodified html_header.php up there and it didn't fix it. I also changed the very 1st page so it doesnt use ssl. Thank you for the input on the ssl.

Plugin Contributions

OK, since the problem doesn't appear to be in the html_header.php file, you need to look at the next thing that Zen tries to load. The next command in index.php is -

PHP Code:
    require($template->get_template_dir('main_template_vars.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/main_template_vars.php'); 
    Take a look at the main_template_wars.php. Replace it with a unmodified version if needed.

BTW - did you try switching to the default template? Make sure that the problem still exists in the default template before you spend too much time debugging.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vforbes View Post
    I tried putting an unmodified html_header.php up there and it didn't fix it. I also changed the very 1st page so it doesnt use ssl. Thank you for the input on the ssl.
    vforbes, try making ONLY the login/create account and checkout process SSL, leaving ALL the rest of the shop non-SSL, instead of just the "Home" page.
    If that don't solve the problem, then we'll work another solution.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

I got it fixed. I debugged it and found that when I installed the supertracker it was calling for a file called geoip.inc. That file wasn't included in the files with the download. I found the geoip.inc file and put it up on my site and it fixed it.

Thank you for your help.